Login

russian armor

An idea for USF restructure

16 Jan 2015, 13:42 PM

Okay, so this will never happen but whatever. i think it would help a few things.

new tier: colonel maybe, the only thing i know for sure i want there is the m36. make colonel only buildable after major. this pushes back the "heavy" TD back there with the heavy tanks in timing. Perhaps a couple new units with it, maybe a calliope or some rocket arty. something else too

Major now has m10 instead of m36. This will allow a mid game TD for usf without completely negating ostheer T3. compensate armor doctrine somehow, or not. not sure about that

Captain now has all the light vehicles. the Lt or Capt choice will still be there, not mandatory linear tech. the only problem i see is that this will push the m20 back a bit, thus reducing it's window of opportunity. pushes the m15 back a bit, which gives another minute or so on an m15 rush.

and finally, LT has all the team weapons, pack howie, m2 hmg, and the 57mm at gun. I'd also lower the fuel cost on LT tier but raise the MP cost. You get the officer for teching, and hes basically a buffed rifle, so maybe 320 mp or thereabouts. Maybe only 25-30 fuel though.

My whole idea is to get the team weapons earlier for usf, so they are more like the vanilla, while also delaying the m36. The m36 is the end game TD that is available at the start of the mid-game phase. for it's punch, it's far too early. Lowering it's punch would cripple the USF vs the heavy axis tanks, so that's no good either. This would also give the faction space for another unit or two in the final tier. perhaps tie Bars, Zooks and Nades to tiers instead of researching. If so, nades/bars with LT, zooks with capt.

I've no idea about a colonel unit. maybe one man, no pop cap, dances a little jig for 5 munis that inspires nearby troops. USF has enough popcap/upkeep problem with the other officers, that doesnt need compounded. Maybe the colonel can repair vehicles. something useful.

don't alter base structure itself, just make t0 not one of those buildings.

of course this is spitballing, and will never happen. i just thought it might be a start point for a good discussion. Feel free to improve upon or disagree with my notions.
16 Jan 2015, 14:07 PM
Donator 11

The idea is good, basically all the factions in coh2, especially wfa ones, lack nondoctrinal units so another tier would be ok. Your ideas are somekind a mashup of ideas that created soviet and okw factions but this is that good kind of mashup. Only problem is that it may look to similar too the way soviets tech up early but it's not huge as soviet faction needs some changes in tiers and nondoctrinal units itself.
16 Jan 2015, 22:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I like the idea, but I can't see anybody getting the m10 over the sherman and stalling to get the jackson. Maybe they could move the sherman up and pair the m10 with the stuart?
16 Jan 2015, 22:24 PM

in coh1 doctrines were like a bit of spice to the mixture

in coh2, doctrines are "do you want to win or lose? pick a good doctrine"

great thread, anything that makes it viable to play USA past the 15-20 minute mark
17 Jan 2015, 02:48 AM
Patrion 28

another option for t1/2 is to swap the M15 and the 57mm (giving both tiers some kind of AT and suppression) and then lower the cost of the captain some so they have a start more similar to soviets/OKW and diversify from there.

as far as higher tiers go and delaying the jackson... they're not going to change the base model and i don't want it bigger/more convoluted. there is room for some kind of upgrade and/or more units in t0. you could move the jackson and either move or create something else in tier 0 but lock it behind a global upgrade, possible one that gives a unit or something.

i like the general suggestion though and if a higher level officer is added giving him more plane options would be cool. a single pass pinning run or something.
17 Jan 2015, 03:24 AM
Patrion 27

Before WFA released the Pack Howitzer and the .50 MG were swapped and I think it was better that way.

Lt. already has the M15 for suppression but you don't get a single suppression option in Cpt.

Right now our only option when going Captain is the Airborne Commander for .50 cals... which is already the best commander thus leading to a serious lack of viable builds.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 80
Philippines 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment