Login

russian armor

Hey!

14 Jan 2015, 22:04 PM

Hey Guys and Gals and anyone else in between!

It's entirely ridiculous how long I've just sat here staring at a blank post wondering what to add as my title.

I mean there's only really a handful of choices like "Hey", "Sup" or "New member here" to chose from but for some reason I was trying to find some individual or unique way to start my first post here.

In the end I went with Hey! <--- Don't forget the exclamation point, that was me showing that it was an enthusiastic "Hey!" as apposed to a weak and shy "hey"

I guess by explaining all of this I've ended up actually having a less than ordinary first post which is what my original aim was, although I was hoping for a more cool and edgy introduction I'll take the philosophical nonsense approach over boring repetition any day!

Anyway I'm Kane and I was a huge COH1 fan but due to an anti gaming girlfriend I have only recently been able to dive into the world of COH2. I know, I know! Before you say it don't worry! The anti-gaming girlfriend is now where she belongs... Back on the shelf with the other single girls! (A shelf which I am planning to raid regularly at the weekends now!)

Again I'm off topic! I'm getting there I promise!

So since getting COH2 it has reignited my inner gaming demons and I am loving it! I've only had a few online games and I'm pretty terrible to say the least... I think the pressure gets to me? I can kick expert AI's ass easy enough but humans seem to perplex me beyond belief!

It's OK though! I ain't stressing.. I've found more enjoyment at the minute in map building.

I've released 3 maps in total now and I can't get enough of building... To say I enjoy making maps is an understatement.... I mean I seriously can't remember a pass time or hobby that has given me as much enjoyment or relaxation as making COH2 maps.

The tutorials and videos and various threads here on this site helped me a lot and that's why I am here. I want to become a bigger part of the community and I want to learn as much as I can.

The maps I made were A Bridge Too Fubar! and it's big bro A Bridge Too Fubar!-Winter war and the newest one is Regimental HQ. I doubt they have been noticed or played by anyone around here but I'm looking forward to learning more about what maps people like and what kind of things people want to see so I can really make something that everyone will like.

Anyway I've probably droned on too much! I'll be around trudging through all the threads new and old to catch myself up in the COH2 world.

Looking forward to being a member here!
15 Jan 2015, 10:29 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Greeting, KaneUK! Welcome to the board :)
15 Jan 2015, 10:39 AM

:welcome:

As a fellow map maker I can honestly say your in the right place. If it helps you out I suggest starting to look through the map sharing/discussion sections to find what people like. There's a few standouts like Monolithic for example. But a lot of maps in there are quite popular.

EDIT: Sharing your own maps in that section would also help them get a bit more attention from the community.
15 Jan 2015, 12:40 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Welcome! Nice intro, glad someone put some effort in!

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★