Login

russian armor

Build times as a means to balance the game

2 Jan 2015, 19:56 PM

Not sure how much it would affect the game, but do you guys think altering build times for units would help balance the game?

AFAIK, all "tiers" of units seem to be built with the same speed. The M3 seems to build as fast as the 222 car, the conscript seems to be built as fast as Grenadiers. Maxims seem to build as fast as mortars. Jacksons seem to build as fast as Shermans. The only unit that seems to take purposely long to build is the King Tiger.

I think altering build speed would be an interesting way to affect the timing of units, without modification of their cost. Granted, this might take an intense overhaul of a lot of units, bu do you think it would be a good idea?
2 Jan 2015, 19:59 PM

Yes, but it involves actually doing work. And we can't have that from Relic, now can we?
2 Jan 2015, 20:07 PM
Donator 11

yeah, for example soviet t3 and t4 should be cheaper but all units in it should take longer to build.
3 Jan 2015, 03:38 AM
Patrion 28

it's an important part of timing balance as it allows for lower costs while still having the unit arrive at the same time but you have to be very careful with it. they fucked around with it too much on the blood crusher in DoW2 and turned the unit into shit.

you mentioned the jackson and sherman, which i believe take the same amount of time to build as the scott, but all three take lots longer than any other similar vehicle. i think it's basically so the captain can be a special snowflake and i hate it but what ever.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★