Login

russian armor

Alt tabbing notification

2 Jan 2015, 14:00 PM

Long time lurker, who just started playing Coh2 over Coh1. Recently, I have begun to encounter a rather irritating minor feature. And before I begin, yes, I realize that what I am going to say isn't that big a deal and could be easily fixed by myself. Just try to keep an open mind please!

Many of you are probably like me and when you are searching you alt tab and look at something else because you have the attention span and patience of a 4 year old. I would just like to float the idea of a notification sound... most other games with queues I have played, like dota2 have that feature. Frankly, I doubt it is very hard to implement either. The reality is that I occasionally miss that I have a game loading and can miss minutes of my opening game. Minutes in a game that averages like 30 minute matches can be quite detrimental, particularly as an Ally player who needs to dominate the early game!

Anyway, like I said it is essentially a cosmetic suggestion that could be fixed by me not alt tabbing to begin with but I, and I am sure many others, would appreciate it. I am also sure it has been posted here a 1000 times but what can I say, I'm a lemming and have to copy everyone and I'm also still trying to figure out the search function. Mods if this doesn't belong here please feel free to move it wherever you want.
2 Jan 2015, 14:04 PM

Keep an eye on your Task Bar at the bottom, the game should be solid Green (loading) when loading in to a game and "scanning" green across the Coh2 symbol when searching, the Music in game is also an indicator, you get the usual faction theme on searching and when it loads you get a very specific piece of music.

So there are indicators there :)
2 Jan 2015, 14:44 PM

I know about the change to the bar but unless I was alt tabbed and watching the bottom of my monitor It isn't exactly reasonable to use as the notification. Also my game doesn't make any noise when alt tabbed unfortunately.
2 Jan 2015, 14:47 PM
Donator 11

i always use alt+enter. that way you get the sound too when your game starts loading.
2 Jan 2015, 14:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

there already is an notification sound when loading.
And I strongly encourage you to alt-enter this game instead of alt-tab, its a lot faster for this game
Otherwise use -forceaudio in the game's launch properties, it should force audio to play while you are altabbed or minimized
2 Jan 2015, 15:18 PM
Patrion 28

Yup, always alt+enter then you can just leave it in the background and have your other windows not be full screen and you will see if something happens in game.
2 Jan 2015, 15:28 PM

Try adding this to command line to play in full screen border less. -window -fullwindow -forceactive -lockMouse -nomovies
2 Jan 2015, 15:45 PM

Okay thanks for the tips guys.
2 Jan 2015, 16:26 PM

im the solid green bar kind of guy.
3 Jan 2015, 19:57 PM

I find the loading time of the game to be a minor issue compared to the ceaseless updates to Steam of all kinds of flashy adds for things I don't want.

Steam should have a 'no-add updates please' option (is not going to happen ofc).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 37
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment