Login

russian armor

Most useless ability in the game (rapid conscription)

26 Dec 2014, 03:00 AM

Proposed changes:

(Passive)
Conscripts cost less to reinforce
Conscript's upkeep cost reduced

-OR-

(passive)
Every 10-30 unit deaths nets u a free conscript squad (mid or late game)

-OR-

...FILL IN THE BLANK

This is honestly ONE OF THE WORST abilities in the game. Just give your input on how it could be balanced, fixed, etc...
26 Dec 2014, 06:52 AM

Sorry, but elite vehicle crew upgrade by far holds the title of most useless ability in the game. by far!
26 Dec 2014, 07:09 AM

Sorry, but elite vehicle crew upgrade by far holds the title of most useless ability in the game. by far!

This. Btw rapid conscription is not that bad.
26 Dec 2014, 09:35 AM

Both are working as intended :D
26 Dec 2014, 15:12 PM

I can never get this ability to be useful. If I have enough stuff on the field taking losses to get free cons, I usually don't want more cons; if I'm low on stuff and need fresh cons, I don't have enough stuff dying to get a return.

How about this:

Rapid Conscription (passive, 1-2 CPs): Conscript squads take half as long to reinforce (doubles the rate at which models are returned to the squad when they're reinforcing).
26 Dec 2014, 15:46 PM
Patrion 14

what about reinforce speed plus sprint for cons while not in combat? that would help cons to reach the frontline fast
27 Dec 2014, 09:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2014, 15:12 PMEnkidu
I can never get this ability to be useful. If I have enough stuff on the field taking losses to get free cons, I usually don't want more cons; if I'm low on stuff and need fresh cons, I don't have enough stuff dying to get a return.

I get you. I tried so hard with conscript spamming + this ability, but no matter how hard i tried to make it work, it just fails so hard.

1st of all i think its a cost factor. 120 munitions for a squad worse than ostruppen is never going to be worth it. Thats why i think making it a passive will help those doctrines in the long run.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2014, 15:12 PMEnkidu

How about this:

Rapid Conscription (passive, 1-2 CPs): Conscript squads take half as long to reinforce (doubles the rate at which models are returned to the squad when they're reinforcing).

That would be a great early game passive to make them a steadfast standing force. Maybe even combine it with the suggestion below?

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2014, 15:46 PMpigsoup
what about reinforce speed plus sprint for cons while not in combat? that would help cons to reach the frontline fast

I actually like these kinds of approaches. It doesn't mess with the cost via balance but rather gives the ability a utility type focus.

Too much of this game is balanced off of balls of stats that utility is so underrated nowadays.
27 Dec 2014, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2014, 15:46 PMpigsoup

Interesting idea but giving cons a free out of combat perma sprint would be batshit op
27 Dec 2014, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2014, 16:00 PMEnkidu

Interesting idea but giving cons a free out of combat perma sprint would be batshit op

It would be somehow equivalent of forward HQ which WFA armies have.
27 Dec 2014, 16:23 PM

I like half build time and reinforce. Only problem would be that medics would not have enough time to heal.
27 Dec 2014, 17:16 PM

Still more useful than the German equivalent of getting ostruppens.
27 Dec 2014, 20:15 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2014, 16:00 PMEnkidu

i thought it would be like a timed ability. maybe 2-4 min?
27 Dec 2014, 20:29 PM

Permanently Banned
it was good when it gave you penals. (you could spam them by this ability + killing your own cheap units)
27 Dec 2014, 20:32 PM

Still more useful than the German equivalent of getting ostruppens.

I'd actually love it if they made the same change to relief infanty (grens reinforce at double speed) and I could see that being very strong with an early half track. The healing thing would also be an issue at times but the ability would still be a solid low CP passive instead of the junk it is now.
27 Dec 2014, 20:55 PM

I wish they'd make it "pay (howevermuch - 20 maybe) fuel, get a cons squad". Or make it 50ish and it summons two at once. That way you could actually use them to save you on manpower for other things. It's not a vehicle you say? Then have them be dropped off by a Studebaker and be done with it.

They'll never do that, but whatever.

Edit: There's manpower to fuel, manpower to munitions, munitions to fuel, fuel to munitions, and (with the current rapid conscription - terribly) munitions to manpower. Fuel to manpower is the only resource conversion you can't get as far as I can tell.
29 Dec 2014, 20:48 PM

I think Napalm would disagree with this sentiment.

I have personally witnessed an upgraded vehicle crew send a pgren squad packing without breaking a sweat.
30 Dec 2014, 03:47 AM

that entire doctrine is useless., assault engineers have no value besides demo charges. but once you reveal your assault engineer its obvious that you'll be building those because why else would you bring an assault engineer?

the tanks you get with it are not really that good, especially consdering you can get the jackson or sherman for cheaper/faster. The sherman bulldozer abilities feel interesting, if it could also knock down buildings and hedgrows it could be a really cool unit- but they left that out. instead youre supposed to like decrew it and buy SMGs or something.
30 Dec 2014, 05:41 AM

that entire doctrine is useless., assault engineers have no value besides demo charges. but once you reveal your assault engineer its obvious that you'll be building those because why else would you bring an assault engineer?

the tanks you get with it are not really that good, especially consdering you can get the jackson or sherman for cheaper/faster. The sherman bulldozer abilities feel interesting, if it could also know down buildings and hedgrows it could be a really cool unit- but they left that out. instead youre supposed to like decrew it and buy SMGs or something.

Yeah, the whole "elite vehicle crews" thing strikes me as one of those times that someone at Relic envisioned a scenario in which the brave vehicle crew, completely surrounded by infantry, pops out of their vehicle, mows down jerry, pops back into their vehicle and drives off into the sunset; completely ignoring the more realistic scenario in which the vehicle crew, completely surrounded, pops out of the vehicle, a volks gren instantly steals the vehicle, the vehicle crew gets shredded and the volks drive back to Berlin laughing hysterically at the idiots that got out of their vehicle.

Either that or you're supposed to swap the vehicle crew out with an RE squad and pay 90 munis for an assault squad that's basically just assault engis only worse....
30 Dec 2014, 05:45 AM

the tanks you get with it are not really that good, especially consdering you can get the jackson or sherman for cheaper/faster. The sherman bulldozer abilities feel interesting, if it could also know down buildings and hedgrows it could be a really cool unit- but they left that out. instead youre supposed to like decrew it and buy SMGs or something.
It's my favourite USF doctrine now. Got to top 300 in 2v2AT with just Armour Company. Trust me, it's quite good. I think it is what a doctrine should be; one that supplements your forces instead of becoming your force.
30 Dec 2014, 09:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2014, 05:45 AMsteel
It's my favourite USF doctrine now. Got to top 300 in 2v2AT with just Armour Company. Trust me, it's quite good. I think it is what a doctrine should be; one that supplements your forces instead of becoming your force.

Exactly, specially in urban maps like ettlebruck station those assault engineers shred everything and they have a lot of utility. Sherman dozers are also great agaisnt blobs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★