Login

russian armor

Jaeger light infantry questions

23 Dec 2014, 16:53 PM

I just recently picked up the scavenge doctrine and have been experimenting with them. I could see the potential of the commander but I can't seem to fully understand the role of the Jaeger infantry. For one, I was surprised they do not stealth in cover. They have a sniper in the squad, so I tried to use them like Pathfinders, but they're not as versatile. I lose the squad pretty often from focus fire. Even in heavy cover or buildings their usefulness seems untapped.

The doctrinal ability of the infil grenades is an excellent tool to use but since they don't stealth it's impractical to use a ranged squad up close for this ability.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to use these infantry more effectively I'd love to hear some success stories or ideas to incorporate those tactics.
23 Dec 2014, 17:01 PM

You can spawn them in any open building. You can use them to cap, flank or otherwise. I personally use them to cap behind enemy lines and then booby trap the point.

Jags are basically slightly better volks that can spawn in open building.

Hope that helps.
23 Dec 2014, 17:13 PM
Donator 11

They do camoflage in cover with Vet1 (?) or above.
If you don't have vet on them yet, just put a squad of them behind some house, or any other LOS blocker, and throw infiltration nades into incoming squads, preferably blobs.

Their "sniper" is rather nice if you got anything around that deals some damage, because it does only snipe entitites that have reduced health as far as i know.

It's also neat to pop a squad to snipe a retreating SOV sniper.

About booby trapping: it won't go off as long as your squad is in the cap zone. To maximize damage bait a larger force into the area, and then move out

Sprint is really helpful to avoid Shocks, or anything that will get close, and to close the gap with enemy MGS (inf nades).

Get used to their increased vision range - it can make a difference.

Last but not least: always grab stuff that's laying around to increase their rather low'ish dps.
23 Dec 2014, 17:48 PM

Thank you both. Good to know they do stealth with vet. The sprint muni costs are very low. With booby trap does that include any friendly squad or just the jaeger squad?

I will try and grab a BAR against the USF. Pathfinders with lmgs from obers are awesome, so I feel it's safe to expect something similar for jaegs
23 Dec 2014, 18:02 PM
Donator 11

Any friendly squad.
23 Dec 2014, 18:03 PM

Their G43 Snipes every infantry under 70% health. Using jaegers against Soviet / American player, who hasnt bought medics yet is really punishing for him.

Remember pre-nerf terminator jägers with four g43s :D? They sometimes won shocks close range. :snfPeter:
24 Dec 2014, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2014, 17:13 PMkamk
They do camoflage in cover with Vet1 (?) or above.
If you don't have vet on them yet, just put a squad of them behind some house, or any other LOS blocker, and throw infiltration nades into incoming squads, preferably blobs.

Their "sniper" is rather nice if you got anything around that deals some damage, because it does only snipe entitites that have reduced health as far as i know.

It's also neat to pop a squad to snipe a retreating SOV sniper.

About booby trapping: it won't go off as long as your squad is in the cap zone. To maximize damage bait a larger force into the area, and then move out

Sprint is really helpful to avoid Shocks, or anything that will get close, and to close the gap with enemy MGS (inf nades).

Get used to their increased vision range - it can make a difference.

Last but not least: always grab stuff that's laying around to increase their rather low'ish dps.

I didnt notice the sniper thing. Is that automatic or is that an ability?

Also to be clear here are the vet skills.

1.Unlocks medical kit ability
2.-29% received accuracy. Can cloak in cover
3.+40% accuracy
4.+5 range
5.-25% weapon cooldown -29% received accuracy
24 Dec 2014, 17:00 PM
Donator 11

Autmatic thing by the one who's equipped with the scoped G43, insta killing as long as the enemy entity has less than 70% health (as mentioned).

Ah yeah, another thing i didn't mention: they camo in deep snow, sadly they're not immune to cold :(
25 Dec 2014, 14:52 PM

Jags are basically slightly better volks

They're using Grenadier's K98s and one G43 that snipes everyone under 75%hp (not 70% as stated before) so they're MUCH better than Volks, and also have 0,8 received accuracy. Reinforcement cost is much higher though.
26 Dec 2014, 23:13 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2014, 17:00 PMkamk

Ah yeah, another thing i didn't mention: they camo in deep snow, sadly they're not immune to cold :(

I think I have snow in my pants
2 Jan 2015, 11:58 AM

I usually use them to spawn in houses and then a cap and booby trap their points.In combat i usually put them either under heavy cover or in a building.
2 Jan 2015, 12:03 PM

Otherwise you can use them as scout troops.Spawn them out of a building behind the front line and advance into enemy territory.Then advance with your main army and you will know what to expect.:thumb:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★