Login

russian armor

Airborne Company

22 Dec 2014, 13:44 PM

I'm looking to explore this commander a bit further and I'm looking for valid strategies to use this commander. Any tips? Good vs Ostheer? Good vs OKW? Starting build order? What to look out for?

Thanks in advance!
22 Dec 2014, 14:09 PM

Permanently Banned
Airborne is probably the most versatile USF commander, The only commander ability that isn't particularly good is the HMG drop and that's only because most USF players would be going T2 anyway.

Pathfinders can put down the beacons which will allow Paratroopers to reinforce from, so you can keep them fielded and near the fight for a long time, as long as you don't overextend them. Also, Pathfinders make for incredibly good scouting units, seeing as they have very good line of sight and can cloak on cover. With that in mind, Paratroopers are incredibly strong when upgraded with either upgrade, although the 1919 LMGs is definitely the more versatile choice.

AT gun drop is indispensable for reacting to enemy vehicles, and can help a lot in the late game, when taking heavy loses and in need of fast replacement AT.

If playing Airborne in 1v1 2v2, I don't recommend getting more than 2 or 3 Riflemen squads because the more you have, the higher your manpower income will be, and you want to save MP/Popcap for when your Paratroopers can arrive.

The P47 AT loiter is considered to be one of the most powerful airstrikes in the game at the moment, so really using it effectively isn't difficult. But I would suggest try to place the smoke markers for it behind the enemy vehicles, towards their base, so that when they try to retreat and get out of the plane's strafe area, they will still be caught in it.
22 Dec 2014, 15:50 PM

Check out the US Forces guides section of the site, there is a good US guide to using the airborne company!
27 Dec 2014, 22:18 PM

Well I've been quite succesful with this commander these last couple of days :) Thanks for the info!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★