Login

russian armor

How many Rifles is good when going Infantry company

11 Dec 2014, 16:05 PM

I played couple of games (2v2s) with this commander and i need some advice to improve ,
i had not played this doctrine for a very long time.

Now that the Rifles can activate/deactivate hit the ground under fire made it a viable strat.

I wanted to replace shermans and rely solely on Rifles with LMG to deter OKW infantry it seemed to work well even against ober shreck blobs i had made my standard 3 Rifles and forgot to make more by the time i got one i had lost one :( so how many rifles do i make if im not getting sherman 6 ?

my 2v2 build order for this doc is RF+ RF + Rearech + FP + RF + Captain + AT -->

i actively seek Skrimishes early in game to get to 3 CP fast but i dont usually get LMGs until obers arrive (8-9 Min mark)

LMGs with Hit the ground worked well for me so far but after this should i go more rifles? i forgot to make more as the 3 Rifle LMGs were mowing down his shreck volks + ober blob ( the suppression effect is alos good ).

his next push came with LIEG support and more obers , so i called in mortar HT , but dint make more rifles and i lost the engagement.. so should i make more Rifles or go sherman ? ( i went M36s)

11 Dec 2014, 20:25 PM

just get scotts.
12 Dec 2014, 04:18 AM

just get scotts.

The RNGs hate my scotts every time i get them even if i baby sit them they miss a lot(may be my ping is too high or something) so i stopped getting them and i never get them if the enemy has PAK43 that shit can outrange a scott :(.
12 Dec 2014, 06:11 AM

Well if you want arty since you are going capt you can also get the pack howitzer it is actually pretty good as long as it is close enough to auto fire if you use barrage at that close range the first shot is usually devastating.

The scott is in my opinion a pack howitzer on wheels.

As for rifles the build seems solid very similar to what I get, I would suggest a forth rifle when possible or you might get overwhelmed later on, even so there is no reason not to get a sherman eventually it allows you to bleed mp while not losing any as long as you can micro the tank properly, and then jacksons.

If you prefer or if you pinpoint the OKW retreat point the priest instead of the sherman to punish those blobs when they retreat is also a good choice.

So pack howie or scott or sherman to force retreat blob and priest on the retreat point.
12 Dec 2014, 08:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2014, 06:11 AMJZuna

So pack howie or scott or sherman to force retreat blob and priest on the retreat point.

i almost forgot the priest , im now having way too much fun leap frogging hit ground on 4 Rifles with dual M1919s in late game :) ( works amazingly well against midlevel players blobbing volks shrecks and obers)

i keep 2 jacksons behind them and move Major+ambu behind jacksons the defensive bonus on hit ground is pretty darn good no more grenade squad wipes or IEG squad wipes.

this works well in 2v2s for me

this forced some to get stukas but the hit the ground behind tank trap cover or green cover will survive stuka barrage.

I think 4 Rifles is best.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS