Login

russian armor

OKW against soviet tanks

10 Dec 2014, 08:44 AM

Hello guys, I need you help.
Some friends and me, we started to play coh2, so at the moment we are noobs:)
We play everyday on custom maps, and one of my friends, always plays soviets, but he only uses tanks, he spends all his resources on tanks. So in mid game we can see 2-3 tanks(+2 or 3 friends tanks because we usually play 3vs3). I watched a lot of streams and my early game has improved but I can't find any tactics to destroy that amount of tanks in mid game.
10 Dec 2014, 18:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Against stock T34s?

Get at least 3 volks with shreks, don't spend munitions on anything else until you do and keep them alive.

Back up with raketens in some of the key buildings, like near your trucks.

Mines if you really have to

Don't forget to salvage
13 Dec 2014, 08:44 AM
Donator 11

As OKW try to pick them one by one.

Don't underestimate a JP4 behind some Volks with Schrecks. The range and additional DPS really helps to seal the deal. Mines are a must have, you need to deny him his mobility advantage. Just spamming Volks vs. T34/85 won't work.

And if he's also a newbie: OKW FortDoc with a PAK43 is always fancy.
13 Dec 2014, 09:26 AM

3 shreck volks 2 obers for ai 2 raketens, scout with volks and attack when raketens in position to protect volks from any armor rush, slowly push your opponent, obers will shred any infantry while raketnes and volks will make short work of tanks. Never commit too chase tanks too much, since even forcing allied infantry to retreat is huge blow, and time working on you as axis anyway.

Also, use mines to protect your medic track form any tanks chasing retreating infantry.
18 Dec 2014, 17:52 PM

I agree with you guys.Volks with shreks work very well.
But it is very difficult to keep them alive when units like shock troops are going around.Getting Jager panthers is a very good idea.Spaming them later on in the game is very affective.In mid game though you should go perhaps for a Puma and then work your way to a panther.:)
18 Dec 2014, 18:35 PM

I agree with you guys.Volks with shreks work very well.
But it is very difficult to keep them alive when units like shock troops are going around.Getting Jager panthers is a very good idea.Spaming them later on in the game is very affective.In mid game though you should go perhaps for a Puma and then work your way to a panther.:)

Also you can get all three HQ trucks and just wait till king TIGER.Get volks grens with vet if you can.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 34
United Kingdom 107
Russian Federation 71
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %