Login

russian armor

Panzer Elite in COH2!

10 Dec 2014, 13:48 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Yeah, you actually had to micro and learn the intricacies of the faction if you wanted to win; that's what made the faction unique and strong. The faction itself wasn't the problem, it was the player behind the faction; it was indeed possible to beat the best US and British players as Panzer Elite, but as you pointed out, you actually had work for that win.

This. Anybody interested should watch Kodachrome, Pepsi or Complexity, who stream PE fairly regularly on Twitch
16 Mar 2015, 15:12 PM

Nope!

The Panzer Elite is the Panzer-Lehr-Division. More exact the Panzeraufklärungs-Lehr-Abteilung 130 wich during the course of a game is reinforced by heavier elements of the Division.
The voice over actually tells you that if you listen. They report as recon patrolls if clicked on for example. Its also pretty apparent concidering their equipment. The models depict regular WH troops.
They way the PE works in CoH also is typical for recon units of the WH. Its a highly mobile skirmishing force wich is supposed to make contact with the enemy relay information to heavy elements and guide them to the fight. Wich is more or less exactly how the PE works.

There is less WSS in the PE than in the WH faction of CoH1.
The Blitzkrieg doctrine could be concidered to bring WSS units into the game.

Spot on, and I have attempted to represent something similar in this "fantasy suggestion" though it doesn't have to bee the Lehr division specifically.
First on you have the light panzer-grenadier recon troops with their light half-tracks handling the initial engagements. As the game progresses the real panzer-grenadiers come in with heavy half track and supporting assault guns. And then as the final nail in the coffin the supporting panzer V panthers come in.
This theme is kept with the first three doctrines focusing on different aspects of such a force along with its own panther variants.
The tree final doctrines ad on to that by representing support from additional formations along with there own unique units.
16 Mar 2015, 15:17 PM

More Germans, meh. I would rather see another axis power introduced. Japanese would be cool but the most German faction I would take is the Italians with German elements.
16 Mar 2015, 15:18 PM

Panzer Elite was a mechanized force, traits of which already exist within the Ostheer faction. I would rather see a buff to Panzergrenadiers.
16 Mar 2015, 15:19 PM

Panzer Elite was a mechanized force, traits of which already exist within the Ostheer faction. I would rather see a buff to Panzergrenadiers.

Edit: Door Knocker was great though, and as was the Munitions Halftrack. Funkwagen too.
16 Mar 2015, 15:29 PM

This "suggestion" is way more of a mechanized force than Ostheer is. And if we had this instead of the current OKW I think the meta would be more interesting (and since due to the way it is laid out with the light vehicles being more longer ranged support roles instead of shock units, its game-play should not be as binary as the one PE had.)
16 Mar 2015, 19:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 15:29 PMCyk0
This "suggestion" is way more of a mechanized force than Ostheer is. And if we had this instead of the current OKW I think the meta would be more interesting (and since due to the way it is laid out with the light vehicles being more longer ranged support roles instead of shock units, its game-play should not be as binary as the one PE had.)

My point is that it's already a part of Ostheer mostly. Maybe we could have a doctrine like that, but Ost already has 2 Mechanized doctrines.
17 Mar 2015, 08:59 AM

My point is that it's already a part of Ostheer mostly. Maybe we could have a doctrine like that, but Ost already has 2 Mechanized doctrines.

Mechanized in name yes. This fantasy PE and OKW mashup faction would play quite differently from Ost (Though mechanized assault has some superficial likenesses, it would play out quite differently and with a more locked tech path). Early game you would see one or two light half-tracks mixed in with the dynamic between long ranged light infantry and the sturmpios.

This would then morph in to a infantry centric game supported by light vehicles and assault guns. And unlike Ost, it would actually be possible (and probably advisable) to use panzergrenadiers as the real backbone of your infantry force as the game progresses and they will have to be supported by light vehicles or assault guns/tank destroyers. Rather than having the light vehicles or early armour function as shock units (an exception to this would be the 2cm 250 since this would basically be a slower but sturdier scout car)

And unlike both Ost doctrines with mechanized in the name the endgame here does not include a heavy tanks as linebreakers, so this one is still based on teching to reach a real tank, and then its a panther that still needs plenty of other supporting units to bring home victory.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★