Login

russian armor

Mg42 -what is its problem?

1 Dec 2014, 21:09 PM

Except for 4 vs 4s where people tend to move in blobs,i'm finding this unit increasingly frustrating to use in 1vs 1 and 2 vs 2?What's wrong with it-did patch change something or indirectly buff/nerf something that affects this?It was never a great unit,but now it feels just a burden of sorts often.
1 Dec 2014, 21:17 PM

Actually the firing cone if like 75%, easy to charge with two squads. But i think MG42 is OK, if it got a buff it would be OP.
1 Dec 2014, 21:21 PM
Donator 33

Since the cover system has been changed all HMG squads suffer from an increased vulnerability to explsosives (especially grenades).

I mean, where's the point of using an HMG if the suppressed squad just throws a nade and wipes the entire squad?

Add this fact to the MG42's long set-up time, unreliable suppression and its small squad and you got the answer.

Suppressed squads shouldn't be able to throw grenades (except smoke?)IMO. That would solve the problem.
1 Dec 2014, 21:26 PM
Patrion 28

the traverse is to slow. that's the only issue specific to the unit.

honestly, it preforms ok against USF but conscripts oorah gives it problems, especially since they can have molotov. the setup/teardown time can be a bit of a problem with smoke grenades but i don't think it's a balance issue.
1 Dec 2014, 21:35 PM
Benefactor 392

don't forget it constantly getting stuck on its own dead dude.
1 Dec 2014, 21:35 PM
Benefactor 392

don't forget it constantly getting stuck on its own dead dude.
1 Dec 2014, 22:03 PM

I dont like how infantry can throw lethal grenades while suppressed... Just run at the enemy and crawl you way to grenade range. :P
1 Dec 2014, 22:07 PM

Permanently Banned
I dont like how infantry can throw lethal grenades while suppressed... Just run at the enemy and crawl you way to grenade range. :P

if only there was a way to make it so they crawled very slowly when moving towards the MG, but at normal crawl speed when the were trying to move away. That way, no grenade charges all day, but still the ability to escape and then plan a flank and a chance for MG to reposition.
1 Dec 2014, 22:10 PM

if only there was a way to make it so they crawled very slowly when moving towards the MG, but at normal crawl speed when the were trying to move away. That way, no grenade charges all day, but still the ability to escape and then plan a flank and a chance for MG to reposition.

That would be pretty nice. The current system seems to promote charging the mg before it shoots and grenade it instead of flanking. Rifle grenades are a big reason why i dont use USF .50 cal vs. Ostheer.
1 Dec 2014, 22:13 PM

Since the cover system has been changed all HMG squads suffer from an increased vulnerability to explsosives (especially grenades).

I mean, where's the point of using an HMG if the suppressed squad just throws a nade and wipes the entire squad?

Add this fact to the MG42's long set-up time, unreliable suppression and its small squad and you got the answer.

Suppressed squads shouldn't be able to throw grenades (except smoke?)IMO. That would solve the problem.

Exactly,i was having trouble pinpointing the issue..but this what is happening most of the time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★