Login

russian armor

Any good playestyle tips in 1v1

1 Dec 2014, 16:24 PM

I usually play OKW in 3v3 or 4v4. But those megablobgames starts to get boring,where its hard to do a good flank or do a good trap. So i start now to play 1v1. Played couple of games,but usually got overrun with mass rifles or mass cons. Tried to play agressive with mg and with kubels,but again got outcapped. I know its all about micro and all thet shit,but with OKW 1v1 its harder to play than other factions. Espessially when soviet player get his IS-2,its bye-bey my 4-5 vetstar volks,bey-bey raketens,panther sucks 1v1 with IS-2. Saving for KT is harder,since opponent gets his IS-2 or 3-4 Easy8 before my heavytanks :))
So all you PRO and Semi-PRO players,tell me how u handle your 1v1 matches as OKW? what is the solid commader choise? Is 4-5 volks good start? or maybe 2 pio on urban maps?
1 Dec 2014, 16:54 PM

I'm nothing close to pro or semi-pro, but here's a few tips :

1. Watch replays of games you lost. Try to find the problem with your play. Why did they enemy have more units at the same time? Why did I lose that engagement? Was that unit worth using in that number? Was my tech too late? etc... once you know the problem, answers come easy.

2. Watch pro / semi-pros stream on Twitch. Propagandacast / GeneralsGentlemen casts are good options as well.

3. As for OKW tips...
a) Try volk-kubel-volk-volk on open maps, or don't get kubel altogether on enclosed maps like kholodny ferma. Langreskaya is a good choice to use kubels.

b) Dont get more than 4 volks.

c) Learn when to give up certain portion of the map if your units are not strong enough to tackle their front. You can always cap elsewhere if they have an area locked down. Locking down requires units watching it. Units watching an area cannot go around capping.

d) Minimize damage taken by sturmpioneers. OKW players have a tendancy to overestimate their strength - they are only strong if they can close without being focused. Once focused, they quickly drop, and losing a model means severe dps loss.

e) The meta used to be T1->T3 using fortification/lufewaffe for MGs, but these days many players are using T2->T1 to survive greyhounds and M20s.

The tech order really depends on enemy play and the map - a fail-safe, easy option is going T1 -> T3 and get obers and luchs(if too late, panther) for infantry domination.

f) This is probably obvious but never lose a unit. Losing sturmpio, Puma or Panther usually spells disaster. OKW cannot afford to lose anything that costs fuel OR sturmpio. DId I say that enough? Never lose sturmpio...

g) Truck placement is mostly fixed these days. Top rankers have already figured out the most efficient/effective places for trucks - especially Flak SWS and medic SWS. Key point is to have them out of LOS while covering key flanks or holding a critical spot. This is best learned from ranker streams.

These are my thoughts in OKW 1v1. I'm not that great a player, but I can share things I've learned from watching streams :)
8 Dec 2014, 15:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2014, 16:54 PMRupert

d) Minimize damage taken by sturmpioneers. OKW players have a tendancy to overestimate their strength - they are only strong if they can close without being focused. Once focused, they quickly drop, and losing a model means severe dps loss.

There is one unholy start which i hate as US Player in early game that get Strummis close without being focused wanna guess what pros do ???

1 Jan 2015, 09:52 AM

Get lots of volks grens and build sand bags wherever you think is an important spot.Then either go for lots of JPs or for a couple of panthers wich you should use as big AT guns.

Otherwise save for a JP and a JT or a KT and a JT or a Panther.
2 Jan 2015, 14:03 PM

Another thing you can do, is go for luftvafa ground forces.Get the MG and the flack emplacement.After that save man power and go Falscham jegars.Spawn them constantly from houses behind enemy lines and start caping.You will annoy him and whatever comes at you as long as it is infantry you can beat it.Also you can do plenty of cut ofs.
;)
7 Jan 2015, 10:53 AM

To me, T2 -> T1 for a flak or puma is best against Soviet T1.

It's safer to go T1 -> T3 for a PII most of the time. And get a couple of puppchens.

Rushing for a KT would only work against a Soviet aiming for dual IS-2s/ISUs. Most of the time a panther is the best choice.
7 Jan 2015, 13:46 PM

To me, T2 -> T1 for a flak or puma is best against Soviet T1.

It's safer to go T1 -> T3 for a PII most of the time. And get a couple of puppchens.

Rushing for a KT would only work against a Soviet aiming for dual IS-2s/ISUs. Most of the time a panther is the best choice.

This^. The best way to slow down IS2 or ISU is to harass their fuel constantly. Remember you don't have to cap, just decap to stop their gain of resources.
7 Jan 2015, 13:59 PM

vs usf

3 volks + 2 mg34s

place HQ on medic in a side of the map (choose a good place)

flaktruck, 1-2 obers, schrek and wait panther (or KT if you kill some shermans)

vs soviet.

If he go t-1 ... make the flak ht + 4 volks + falschirm

If he go cons spam or t-2

I go 3 volks + 2 mg34s with medic, after obers or Pz2 if he has not t-34 ready ( look his base, you can see if he has build the t-3 or not )

Medic in the base because of precision strike and motars ...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★