Login

russian armor

AA-Same candy different wrapper

18 Nov 2014, 16:49 PM

I bought AA yesterday (no Fox company albeit idc, they seem OP) and I don't think it's worth it. It's not bad but it's not really good either

1. The missions are all the same--Relic is being dishonest by saying there's a high replayability and totally new play experiences. Technically it's true but we all know it's the same maps and the same basic principle every time you play it. The only difference is that the order you play the missions is what determines which are difficult and which are easy.

2. It's too easy to exploit. Just position your other 2 companies to kill retreats. And the in game ai is fairly and predictably unintelligent. It's easy to just setup a position, bring in the blob, then bring in the sherman blob, then gg.

3. There's not much sense to the campaign map either. It looks like you're an armchair general or something, but really you're just moving the companies around the map with relative impunity. The AI doesn't move or attack and there's no pressure to do anything really. You're just moving units to different positions based on which you feel like playing first. It's like the same candy bar in a different wrapper. Superficially new. The same shit really.

4. The immersion is meh. I am absolutely aware it is not a literal recreation of the BotB and I applaud them for this design. But I feel they executed poorly. I was hoping at least that the general idea of Americans hanging on by the skin of their teeth in defense and launching counterattacks here and there would be abstracted. But we're really just running around the Ardennes doing glorified skirmish maps.

5. It is better than a static/linear campaign. The ability to alter which missions are difficult is very nice and very much does add to replayablility (it's just that it doesn't add nearly as much as advertised or implied)

6. The cutscenes and characters are pretty cliche.

7. The new USF units are well thought out and very well round out the faction.

8. A few of the missions, the more scripted ones that is, are actually really cool, or would be if they were longer/more developed.

9. Quite a few maps are very similar to each other....too similar.

10. It's worth 20 bucks. At 20 bucks I'd give it an 8.5. It's 40 bucks. 6/10

Well let's hope they'll shift to balancing the game as promised.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★