Login

russian armor

Escelation: New game mode Idea

17 Nov 2014, 06:15 AM

Hey guys, Just to start this out I am not a modder or a map designer, but I do have ideas for a new game mode:

So the idea is a large map broken into 3-5 sections, with an attacker defender situation at each point. Each section is like its own Theater of War mission .The attacker given either an amount of time or resources to achieve the objective, each area progressively adds more advantage and unlocks more units. Upon completion of the objective, the map extends where the attacker defender situation resumes. The amount of players should depend on the map size.

This game should function as an RTS version of Battle Field Bad Company's gold rush

Hope this spurs some attention! Maybe some day this will be an automatch game mode :thumbsup:

Also on a side note, I hope at some point the "custom" maps start making it into the auto match pool. As cool as it is to have a lobby for custom games, I was hoping Relic would use it to look at new maps and introduce them into competitive play so we get new maps more often and with less resources needed by Relic.
17 Nov 2014, 09:45 AM

Seems interesting. You have to develop this idea (balance-wise) and find a modder willing to code this. I like to see some kind of Tower defense/MOBA game mod (like the old "Hero" mod in Tales of valor)
About your second point, they have to do that. Set up some map contents and put them in automatch. There are pretty damn good maps out there, and it need no effort from Relic (a few adjustments only). I don't know why they don't do that. Automatch maps are getting boring.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 56
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment