Login

russian armor

Changes for balance after thinking through.

13 Nov 2014, 00:37 AM

Hi, I have been watching a lot of replays and casts, used to play COH a lot but never played COH2 still believe I can see where some of the balance issues lie and here are a few suggestions. First a few quick suggestions, then the main one regarding soviets.

For Volksgrens Increase loading times for pshreks and scatter at misses, this would reduce the blobbing dps vs tanks. If possible Pgrens should keep the current shreks.

For US reduce AOE Damage for Scott to wound more and wipe less it is a bit over the top right now, other explosives seems more fine to me, cause they can be dodged, avoided in a better way, than a vehicle firing quickly on the move. Buff 50 Cal a bit, wouldnt mind some higher Pen, to make it useful va light vehicles in general.

Wehr seems fine to me, maybe MG42 could get a small buff, thinking damage, iconic weapons and should be useful in lategame too.

For Soviets I am thinking that they are a bit weak later in the game with the exception of call ins, it is not that the vehicles need a big buff themselves, rather I a thinking a system where nondoctrinal units gets cheaper as the game progresses. One way to do this would be to decrease costs for units with a precentage for each building built. Another option would be upgrades for less upkeep, but that would help with doctrinals too, and rather givethe chance to quickly call in another tank after the first gets destroyed.

By reducing costs for normal units by a percentage for each Tierbuilding constructed, units even weak ones, stay useful in the late game and promotes attacking while reinforcing with new ways after wave, instead of focusing on unit preservation in the high degree some other factions do. I like this idea couse it promotes play more similar to Soviet strategy and tactica in real WW2. Larger reduction the more tiers would give a reason to build more than two tiers in longer games.

Either I was thinking just reducing Conscripts in cost for each building built, but then I thought we should reduce t34s as well, well, this would give a stale situation where those two units would become too useful compared to others. I can not see any big problem with reduced costs for all nondocs units for each building built. The exception is snipers who would be too strong.... So maybe no reduction for those.

What are your thoughts on this, especially the soviet idea, I think that would make all nondoc units useful, not by being individually strong but rather many and usuful offesively, doctrinal unita cam then be used more like a spice.

Any nondoctrinal Soviet units you think would become too strong if cheaper in lategame?

What about something similar too USF, maybe supply depots like in vCoH?
13 Nov 2014, 02:01 AM

Permanently Banned
In the Current Meta.

I wouldnt recommend nerfing ANY usf units
13 Nov 2014, 02:07 AM

The Volks gren change is a solid suggestion which has come up a few times (I think it is the best one).

The Soviet change I would not agree with. Basically if you made Soviet stuff cheaper, It would prolong the game but it would not fix the current problems because Axis still has a huge upper hand. Axis would still wipe through worse units and unit comps, making things cheaper would just allow Soviets to re purchase them to slow their demise.

No amount of making things cheaper late game will solve the problem as long as the units population, and the game population remains the same. The only way you can have cheaper, worse units and stay on par is to either increase the pop cap or decrease universally the population for each unit
13 Nov 2014, 11:13 AM

The idea is that soviet shouldnt be played as other factions with focus on unit preservation, instead you would need to keep on the offensive and wear down the opponent with waves of units in later stages of the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
United States 10
United Kingdom 97
United States 16
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L