Login

russian armor

Request to Relic to introduce pause on multiplayer

11 Nov 2014, 05:32 AM

Team can you please introduce a way to pause the game if both players agree as typical game last 30-40 mins and us working folks get some important calls that we cant ignore every now and then.

Make it so that game can pause if both parties agree if the other guy doesnt agree then you cant pause.

11 Nov 2014, 09:51 AM

Yeah, like in Starcraft II. Great idea imo
11 Nov 2014, 10:24 AM
Donator 33

Thing is I don't see many people agreeing to pause. They'd prefer you surrender instead.
11 Nov 2014, 15:11 PM

Thing is I don't see many people agreeing to pause. They'd prefer you surrender instead.

i dont think its a drastic change in the code to implement this so why deny a few good men a chance of fair fight against what you claim a majority of impatient lot..

most times i get a call my opp recognizes it and often acknowledges that it was a bad timing. so there are patient folks out there
11 Nov 2014, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 09:51 AMFrost
Yeah, like in Starcraft II. Great idea imo

Yes they have a solid pause option. I think Relic should definitely think about making such a nice feature.
11 Nov 2014, 15:22 PM

Permanently Banned
:snfBarton:This idea is brilliant. However, I foresee troll potential in larger team games with this idea, i.e. all 7 players agreeing to take a break but 1 noob troll vetoing it or something. :snfBarton:
11 Nov 2014, 15:30 PM

:snfBarton:This idea is brilliant. However, I foresee troll potential in larger team games with this idea, i.e. all 7 players agreeing to take a break but 1 noob troll vetoing it or something. :snfBarton:
Maybe majority should win? In a 4v4, 5 votes should be good to get a pause. I'm sure a team will pause for their mate who needs the toilet and a person on the other is kind enough to wait. Maybe introduce a time limit for a pause as well? 5-10 minutes should be enough for a regular phone call or toilet. This only takes into account that the guy is not having constipation or diarrhea (essentially puddingstorm :D). If he has it, well..... :snfBarton:
11 Nov 2014, 15:36 PM

Never. Whole idea of 7 people (considering its 4v4) waiting for one unmannered idiot who can't prepare or plan his game time ahead is retarded. If you unsure, go play single player instead of making other people waste their time on you.
11 Nov 2014, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 15:36 PMJadame!
Never. Whole idea of 7 people (considering its 4v4) waiting for one unmannered idiot who can't prepare or plan his game time ahead is retarded. If you unsure, go play single player instead of making other people waste their time on you.

you cant prepare for everything so for impatient and inconsiderate guys they will veto the request anyway it gives a chance for those considerate folks to have a fair fight thats all.

11 Nov 2014, 15:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Good idea. Dota 2, SC2 etc have workable pause systems that could easily be adapted.
11 Nov 2014, 15:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 15:30 PMsteel
This only takes into account that the guy is not having constipation or diarrhea (essentially puddingstorm :D). If he has it, well..... :snfBarton:

:rofl: ( im from India am i being racist to my self :hyper:)

5 mins is a lot of time probably 1-2 mins should be ok. may be call it as tactical break :rolleyes:
11 Nov 2014, 17:32 PM
Donator 11

The idea is great but only for custom games, in ranked there should be no such option or one 30 sec - 1 minute long break on demand for each player (without voting) not to make it a part of gameplay/strategy. And the one in custom games should be active pause, while in ranked games it should give no possibility to give orders or search the map, chat only.
11 Nov 2014, 21:28 PM

I don't see the harm when you can veto it. Make the requirement unanimous for team games.

Worst case is that it's hard to get a pause in 4v4s ... which is seriously not an issue, because currently it is impossible to get a pause in any game mode.

As for unmannered, for working people/people with small chidren/whatever it may not often be possible to plan 60 minutes where NOTHING can happen to interrupt you ... so adding this makes the game more accessible, while detracting nothing (if it's unanimous).
12 Nov 2014, 01:16 AM

to prevent pause abuse, each player allow one pause for each game, 3 pauses for a day....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 67
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment