Login

russian armor

First games as OKW and OST

10 Nov 2014, 21:55 PM

So I got dragged into a few German games as my arranged team partner was "annoyed with allied cheese strategies". I played two games, the first as OST in a 3v3 and the second as OKW in a 2v2. Game one was straightforward. Build an army, stall till late game, mass panthers and superior German infantry. Win. The second game though, was a little tougher, but then I discovered something. Holy mother of explosives, are stukas powerful.

I've been on the recieving end of these things many times, and have been swearing at how effective they are. But everyone always says people who say stukas are op need to l2p, and that they are random in how the bombs drop, and their an expensive unit. First two barrages I used on it killed 15 various infantry.

So I'm going to state my opinion firmly on them now. There easy to use. The murder infantry. The annihilate weapons teams. They hurt vehicles very badly. They one shot buildings. They need to be toned down.

Discuss~

11 Nov 2014, 00:42 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Welcome to the dark side, or as we like to call it, easy mode

The Stuka IS good I will grant you that, but given what you have to give up to get it, it needs to be good
11 Nov 2014, 01:08 AM

You give up what? later tanks? to totally annihilate weapon crews and permanently nuder infantry? Then just sit and wait for your superior armour to come out?

Not seeing a downside. This thing preforms better then end game doctrine artillery.
11 Nov 2014, 01:14 AM

If you go for Stuka as a first unit in 1s, (for example to counter Soviet T2 play) it will leave you wide open to a quick T34/T70. In 2s, things are obviously different as your partner might be able to compensate your weakness on the AT front, but it still presents a certain risk.
11 Nov 2014, 02:17 AM

Permanently Banned
Welcome to the road of ez games...
11 Nov 2014, 02:18 AM
Donator 33

Seems pretty situational. Clearing a weapon team every minute or 2 sounds good, but it's a slow pace and most games you can get more mileage out of other stuff. I guess you can get lucky with it sometimes though :D
11 Nov 2014, 02:20 AM

you do have a window of oppurtunity to move your weapons as soon as you hear the distinctive launch sound. try to separate them in different directions. you need pretty quick micro but ive done it before. try not to get into the habit of mass moving units, but individually moving units in different directions to limit casualties.
since the stuka is really accurate, even moving a little bit from the explosion zone will allow your weapon teams to survive.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 46
Mexico 6
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak