Login

russian armor

Shreks need long range accuracy nerf

9 Nov 2014, 16:27 PM
Donator 11

One of the reasons why panzergrenadiers have been nerfed to a near obselete state was that the pgren shrek blob was too cost efficient late game so Relics solution was nerf Pgren armor. This made Pgrens hardly any better vs infantry than ordinary Grenadiers yet still cost a lot more to build and reinforce..

The problem was never pgrens armor, it was the way too accurate long range shreks that almost never misses even at long range. Why didn't they just make shreks like in coh1 where they often missed at long range? That makes the shrek a good ambush weapon and a good backup for AT-guns, preventing them for being circled.
The problem with accurate shreks shows even more for OKW's volkgrenadier. It promotes blobbing and bad play. They vet up to vet5 so easy because shreks give huge experience which should either be removed or nerfed. Shreks should not chase away or kill tanks at max range reliably, it should only deter them from chargin in.

This was one of the first things i reacted on when I first played CoH2 beta, it felt like a feature right out of DoW2 with space marines 100% accurate missile launcher and nothing like company of heroes.
9 Nov 2014, 16:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

You're absolutely right, when pgren blobs were rampant it was not because of their AI but because of their schreks.
9 Nov 2014, 16:35 PM

I agree. Its tough when you try to maneuver a medium tank around them because as soon as you enter the schrek range, it will be like a homing missile.
9 Nov 2014, 16:54 PM

Couldn't agree more. Pgrens need a little love, whether that be more armour or a slight DPS increase.

Of course the shreck problem needs to adjusted first.
Vaz
9 Nov 2014, 16:58 PM

I've had a problem with shreks from the moment I switched from vcoh to coh2 beta.
9 Nov 2014, 16:59 PM

This would also tone down the Volk blob's AT power to help the blob not be so damn effective.
9 Nov 2014, 16:59 PM

i suggested it once, brought it up many times and was constantly shafted to the side, but yes. this this and this, it promotes blobby play, no brainer upgrades and insane vet opportunities. if mediums had a chance to wreck stuff at range, it would be a much more balanced game, rather than every single game is all about, blob schrecks, blob obers into schrecks,stuka for support teams, rape everything until JT/KT and end game.

it really takes a good katyusha hit though, to really destroy the blob. reduce schreck effective range.
9 Nov 2014, 18:01 PM

I agree with the OP.
9 Nov 2014, 18:13 PM

volks without vet with shrecks have fair accuracy such as a decency to miss a couple times. When they receive veterency they have their laser accuracy again. Maybe Relic should tone the veterency so that it doesn't affect the shrecks.
9 Nov 2014, 18:25 PM

Couldn't agree more. Schrecks should work the way they were in vCoH. This would reward good tank micro more and take a lot of air out of the whole Schreck-Volk-and-Obersoldaten-kill-anything-blob.
9 Nov 2014, 18:59 PM

Yep u right, and the americans bazooka need buff xD
9 Nov 2014, 19:08 PM

I agree. Far accuracy should get toned down, while medium and near stay the same. This way, as you said, shreks perform well as an ambush/backup AT weapon instead of your main focus.
9 Nov 2014, 19:13 PM

Permanently Banned
IT should be noted that Schreck'd Pgrens have almost the same amount of anti-infantry power at long range as normal Pgrens, when you consider lucky schreck snipes.
9 Nov 2014, 21:22 PM

IT should be noted that Schreck'd Pgrens have almost the same amount of anti-infantry power at long range as normal Pgrens, when you consider lucky schreck snipes.

Wut?
9 Nov 2014, 21:39 PM

volks without vet with shrecks have fair accuracy such as a decency to miss a couple times. When they receive veterency they have their laser accuracy again. Maybe Relic should tone the veterency so that it doesn't affect the shrecks.

Agreed!
9 Nov 2014, 21:45 PM

Honestly? No, I don't think they really do. They don't have all that great of range to begin with. To fire they have to be within range of enemy tanks and often will lose a few models on the first couple of shots fired from the tanks.
9 Nov 2014, 21:49 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 21:45 PMSierra
Honestly? No, I don't think they really do. They don't have all that great of range to begin with. To fire they have to be within range of enemy tanks and often will lose a few models on the first couple of shots fired from the tanks.

Thats because handheld AT is never supposed to counter tanks head on but with ambushes or close combat aka tactical play.
9 Nov 2014, 22:09 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Some have already stated this, but I will support a nerf for the shrek, they shouldn't be used as main-line aggressive AT, but be support against armour trying to push past the line or to provide a screen against rushing armour.

I wouldn't mind if shreks lost long-range accuracy(PGs have already taught me not to push up since the bleed Ost heavily), though the major issue is especially prominent on Volks who gain a massive accuracy boost with vet where the practically never miss and you only really have 5 meters over shrek units with tanks who will need to stop and decelerate then re-accelerate, not to mention most vehicles cannot sight their full max range.

Vaz
9 Nov 2014, 22:12 PM

If shrek long range accuracy changes, I don't think relic should mess with bazooka accuracy then. There is a lot of call to buff bazooka, but I would rather the shrek and bazooka have the same long range accuracy as the bazooka has right now.
and
9 Nov 2014, 22:44 PM

It is veterancy that is broken in general. It leads to effective blobbing and crazy LMG sniping.

The game would be much better with a reduction in veterancy bonuses across the board.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 26
Korea, Republic Of 1
Russian Federation 63
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %