Login

russian armor

SU mortars, mg, zis OP in 2v2 or more, replay

9 Nov 2014, 08:06 AM

This is insane, please watch the replay which I will post next...2 soviets almost certainly an arranged team one player built 4 mortars and 2 zis...there is so little man power bleed from killing there support weapons that even though we kept killing large parts of the crew they are so darn resilient...also they can simply blast grens overwhelmingly with 4 firing at a time and Grens have to pull up and stop for awhile in order to get good effect on their LMGs...because Wehr doesn't have a shredder at close range even when we could push off all infantry (penals, scripts with ppsh, shocks) with strafes or tanks/vehicles we simply couldn't kill their mortars fast enough before they would retreat...this is unlike shocks/cons PPSHs which will clean an mg with a flank no problem and they can stay on the move so very low risk of getting hit by mortars...

My big issue is not only are soviet mg and mortar pretty much on par performance wise with wehrmact, they also have larger squad sizes plus they are super cheap to reinforce (17 per man!)

Plus PGs aren't nearly as good as shocks at clearing support teams with good flanks and they are smaller size, less durable and 40 mp per man to boot.

I get that SU have bigger squads but if they are going to be so cheap to reinforce compared to Wehr support weapons and Wehr infantry then why aren't they less effective...or at least make them on par on reinforcement cost since they still will benefit from large squad size and solid performance compared to Wehr.
9 Nov 2014, 08:12 AM
9 Nov 2014, 08:12 AM

9 Nov 2014, 08:15 AM

Please tell me if there was something we could have done to wipe out whole mortars....we pushed them back in old fashioned semois pin fashion many, many times but they kept coming back and they can suffer losses at nearly 2 to 1 ratio and still be just fine MP wise 30 for Gren/17 for support weapons...

I know maxim spam is an issue, but it seems like this can be just as bad
raw
9 Nov 2014, 08:21 AM

You're doing it wrong.

Minute 15:
583/192/194
547/161/341

No T3 tech.
9 Nov 2014, 08:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 08:21 AMraw
You're doing it wrong.

so what could we have done differently?

we would often push off everything but mortars and zis...they would either retreat or just wait for reinforcements to relieve them as mortar rounds dropped all around us...i'm guessing maybe I should have built even more grens and just focus fired 1 mortar at at time.

the other player just sent waves of penals with flames which became quite a problem also.
9 Nov 2014, 11:56 AM

Well all they did at mid game was spamming infantry and wait for heavy call in tanks, you should've gone T3 and crush them with Panzer 4 and ostwind.
9 Nov 2014, 13:38 PM

wehr mortar is generally better and you can get one for each mortar. else, support team spam like maxim spam, is generally countered by mortar halftrack which is somewhat resilient to mortar fire.

if he goes 4, 2 mht should generally counter all his support team on the field. muni cache and spam away incendiary rounds. plus being in semoskiy, there's a lot of buildings in the middle to cover direct fire units so mht spam should be extremely viable.

this, plus ur teammate going straight to t3 with gren and infantry spam, a good incnediary hit plus a move grens with gratuitous use of rifle nades, should control the tide of crappy soviet infantry and support teams, p4 to end it.
10 Nov 2014, 05:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 08:21 AMraw
You're doing it wrong.

Minute 15:
583/192/194
547/161/341

No T3 tech.

Ok, so I should be going T3 as soon as there is enough fuel for tech/building/p4?
10 Nov 2014, 05:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 13:38 PMwongtp
wehr mortar is generally better and you can get one for each mortar. else, support team spam like maxim spam, is generally countered by mortar halftrack which is somewhat resilient to mortar fire.

if he goes 4, 2 mht should generally counter all his support team on the field. muni cache and spam away incendiary rounds. plus being in semoskiy, there's a lot of buildings in the middle to cover direct fire units so mht spam should be extremely viable.

this, plus ur teammate going straight to t3 with gren and infantry spam, a good incnediary hit plus a move grens with gratuitous use of rifle nades, should control the tide of crappy soviet infantry and support teams, p4 to end it.

of course a mortar HT is great counter, but that is doctrinal and wasn't in my load out and my mortars got lots of kills but eventually they were double teamming me with counter barrages and that is 12 mortar members vs 4 of mine so that was a problem.

10 Nov 2014, 09:20 AM
Patrion 28

go bp3 as soon as possible. if you need to buy a vehicle or callin before, it's ok, but as soon as you're done spending get bp3. then decide if you're going t3 or t4. if t3, then build t3. if t4 then bp4 and t4.

ideally you would spend all of your resources as fast as you can get them. in reality this often isn't a good idea or necessary but it's a good rule to follow.
11 Nov 2014, 06:38 AM

go bp3 as soon as possible. if you need to buy a vehicle or callin before, it's ok, but as soon as you're done spending get bp3. then decide if you're going t3 or t4. if t3, then build t3. if t4 then bp4 and t4.

ideally you would spend all of your resources as fast as you can get them. in reality this often isn't a good idea or necessary but it's a good rule to follow.

Will try to remember next time I see this. Feels like such an uphill battle because I know the SU losses are so cheap compared to mine. Good realism on that sense though :S
raw
16 Nov 2014, 15:33 PM

because I know the SU losses are so cheap compared to mine

what
16 Nov 2014, 15:47 PM

Permanently Banned
I know the SU losses are so cheap compared to mine

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W