Login

russian armor

Suggestions on effective use of Strum Tiger please

7 Nov 2014, 11:48 AM

last 10 or so games i have used this thing i am really liking this beast so much that i skip panther in 2v2s.

here are some of things i have learnt please feel free to add more tactics

1) Prioritze AT guns / mortars / HMG instead of infy blob as they are much easier to wipe
2) Always shift queue the retreat after selecting fire
3) always distract with any other unit and bring this beast as a surprize from behind
4) never flank with this unit as side/rear armor hits might decrew it
5) once revealed always use strum pio mine sweepers to sweep first before your next charge.
6) against infy concentrations if they are supressed fire behind them as they will most like retreat at the sight of this and u will have a better chance of hitting them.
7) always have 2 raketns/some AT covering this things retreat as there tanks will charge in after you fire.

please suggest a good doctrine for this unit i am addicted to fortifications as i love Smine + HMG combo and PAKs. the only bane for me right now is a B4.

my recent replay with this beast

11 Nov 2014, 04:02 AM

in 2v2 scavenger is better for Strum tiger as ostwind will detter mark target and p47s...

i lost a strumtiger to mark target + p47 callin combo without mark target strum tiger has enough armor to take the beating fire and retreat.
11 Nov 2014, 10:43 AM

if you're having trouble with B4, go spec ops for flares and make sure your partner has a doctrine with some off map that can destroy it.

also you can often just intimidate blobs into retreating without actually firing. for example aim and actually press fire towards the blob, doesn't matter if aim is a tiny bit off and watch them retreat. then halt fire before it fires unless it will actually hit them right on.
11 Nov 2014, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 10:43 AMHitman5

also you can often just intimidate blobs into retreating without actually firing. for example aim and actually press fire towards the blob, doesn't matter if aim is a tiny bit off and watch them retreat. then halt fire before it fires unless it will actually hit them right on.

yup i do that every time dint mention it so relic wont remove it like they did for the infil grenades :) hope they dont as this thing takes some time to reload its only fair to allow for a cancel of fire command.
12 Nov 2014, 18:54 PM

last 10 or so games i have used this thing i am really liking this beast so much that i skip panther in 2v2s.

here are some of things i have learnt please feel free to add more tactics

1) Prioritze AT guns / mortars / HMG instead of infy blob as they are much easier to wipe
2) Always shift queue the retreat after selecting fire
3) always distract with any other unit and bring this beast as a surprize from behind
4) never flank with this unit as side/rear armor hits might decrew it
5) once revealed always use strum pio mine sweepers to sweep first before your next charge.
6) against infy concentrations if they are supressed fire behind them as they will most like retreat at the sight of this and u will have a better chance of hitting them.
7) always have 2 raketns/some AT covering this things retreat as there tanks will charge in after you fire.

please suggest a good doctrine for this unit i am addicted to fortifications as i love Smine + HMG combo and PAKs. the only bane for me right now is a B4.

my recent replay with this beast

Sorry to hijack your thread but can you explain how to shift que the retreat after selecting fire please?
13 Nov 2014, 07:29 AM

Sorry to hijack your thread but can you explain how to shift que the retreat after selecting fire please?

Same way u que any other orders hold shift select fire location still holding shift press u and click on the area you want to backup to (you cant que a reload though so don't try to que that)
13 Nov 2014, 18:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 07:29 AMImSkemo

Same way u que any other orders hold shift select fire location still holding shift press u and click on the area you want to backup to (you cant que a reload though so don't try to que that)

Cheers, did not know you could do that
13 Nov 2014, 19:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Another thing about the Sturmtiger: you can shoot it through obstacles like hedgerows and destroyed buildings now. Very useful for sneaky ambushes.

EDIT: pretty sure the Mark Target plane is purely superficial. ie if you shoot it down, the effect does not go away.
14 Nov 2014, 04:57 AM

EDIT: pretty sure the Mark Target plane is purely superficial. ie if you shoot it down, the effect does not go away.

Yeah noticed that but at least if you take it down they wont have a constant vision.

i haven't tried firing from shotblockers will try but i usually fire from maximum range so they wont have vision of ST, ill keep screening volks squad in front.

It does one shot Su85, T34s, and will bring IS2 to 10% health.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★