Login

russian armor

With regards to balance

4 Nov 2014, 17:04 PM

Keep in mind our focus over the last two months has been gameplay improvements such as the modifications to squad cover behaviour, team weapons, buildings, etc. We'll be shifting back to competitive gameplay/balance in the coming months.

This might explain some pain points we have been experiecing in the community. Keep posting comrades but know that it'll be until the new year that balancing is addressed.

Now support Cruzz patch.
4 Nov 2014, 17:11 PM

Source?

Also another cruzz mod thread...

Relic isn't going to balance the game based on player's wish lists.
4 Nov 2014, 17:14 PM

The source.
4 Nov 2014, 17:23 PM
Senior Editor Badge

4 Nov 2014, 17:42 PM

I don't think balance in 4v4 is as bad as people make it seem. Not saying that the USF doesn't need help, certainly they do in some aspects. With that being said, when we play high ranking 4v4 allied teams - the games are intense, they are close and competitive. We win some, we lose some. Don't be so quick to blame balance. Hold yourself and your teammates accountable and figure out what you can do differently.
4 Nov 2014, 18:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2014, 17:23 PMnigo
nice

more 6 months of waiting...

Oh no...not you nigo.. NOT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2014, 17:42 PMGdot
I don't think balance in 4v4 is as bad as people make it seem. Not saying that the USF doesn't need help, certainly they do in some aspects. With that being said, when we play high ranking 4v4 allied teams - the games are intense, they are close and competitive. We win some, we lose some. Don't be so quick to blame balance. Hold yourself and your teammates accountable and figure out what you can do differently.

Gdot, i must respectively say, your AT is 126-6 as Axis. I am pretty sure you aren't having any balance issues at all :D

4 Nov 2014, 18:03 PM

The Cruzz Patch is like a breath of fresh air, balance wise.
4 Nov 2014, 18:05 PM
Benefactor 115

it's what you get when you balance using player data alone
4 Nov 2014, 18:09 PM

it's what you get when you balance using player data alone

may you elaborate? i am interested in what you mean
4 Nov 2014, 18:14 PM

Gdot, i must respectively say, your AT is 126-6 as Axis. I am pretty sure you aren't having any balance issues at all :D

I'm just trying to help players get some perspective. I'm going to use us as a reference but im not tooting my horn (infact I dont think we are very good, clearly there are better players). We are 4 guys who have played together since coh1. Combined we have about 40 years experience in this series. Is it possible you are losing because you are being outplayed? Again, there are certainly things that need to be addressed, as there always will be with this game. But I find it a little frustrating when I check the records of the people complaining about balance and the majority of them seem to be pretty inexperienced. Not saying that they don't deserve an opinion, of course they do. But people are so quick to point at balance and not look at themselves or their squad. Yes there are certainly balance issues, but imo the majority of people pointing at balance should be pointing at themselves first.
4 Nov 2014, 18:17 PM
Benefactor 115

faction specific W/L ratios or popularity heavily influences balancing decisions over actual game play experience.
4 Nov 2014, 18:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2014, 18:14 PMGdot

But people are so quick to point at balance and not look at themselves or their squad. Yes there are certainly balance issues, but imo the majority of people pointing at balance should be pointing at themselves first.

True words...
4 Nov 2014, 18:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2014, 18:14 PMGdot

I'm just trying to help players get some perspective. I'm going to use us as a reference but im not tooting my horn (infact I dont think we are very good, clearly there are better players). We are 4 guys who have played together since coh1. Combined we have about 40 years experience in this series. Is it possible you are losing because you are being outplayed? Again, there are certainly things that need to be addressed, as there always will be with this game. But I find it a little frustrating when I check the records of the people complaining about balance and the majority of them seem to be pretty inexperienced. Not saying that they don't deserve an opinion, of course they do. But people are so quick to point at balance and not look at themselves or their squad. Yes there are certainly balance issues, but imo the majority of people pointing at balance should be pointing at themselves first.

Oh yes i agree. Players have to adjust to the learning curve and figure out of they are doing things properly before complaining about balance. I think the issue here is that we have to wait months (again) for any significant improvement on balance issues. Cruzz took some days out of his personal time to make sweeping changes, but we have to wait "months" for official Relic changes.
4 Nov 2014, 18:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2014, 17:42 PMGdot

That, to me, is not a definition of balance.
4 Nov 2014, 18:42 PM

That, to me, is not a definition of balance.

The same team is #1 in Allies and Axis 4v4AT. Is that balance?
4 Nov 2014, 18:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I wish people would stop posting playercards and leaderboards all the time like it means anything. You don't even know what patch those games were played in. It's completely meaningless information.
4 Nov 2014, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2014, 18:42 PMGdot

The same team is #1 in Allies and Axis 4v4AT. Is that balance?

Nope, that isn't balance, that just means they're the best team. I don't know how that was going to add anything to your argument, or you don't know the literal meaning of balance. If the latter, then I guess it explains your first post in this thread.

top 25 allies win ratio: 0.85576

top 25 axis win ratio: 0.96324

You tell me, is that balance?
4 Nov 2014, 18:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Those numbers could be 0.95 and 0.05 and they would still indicate nothing about the current state of the game.
4 Nov 2014, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2014, 18:55 PMRomeo
Those numbers could be 0.95 and 0.05 and they would still indicate nothing about the current state of the game.

Wrong. The state of team games, especially 3v3 and 4v4 have been in the favour of axis teams since the original beta. Those numbers are indicative of it.

The current state of the game remains exactly the same as it was 6 months a go, or a year, or any date you like to put forward.

Why? Because the same fundamental problems persist in team games, no matter if a kubel costs no fuel or five fuel.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 18
United Kingdom 146
Germany 20
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %