Login

russian armor

Ohmwrecker's Company of Heroes 2 Beta Videos

20 Apr 2013, 07:38 AM

Hey there folks-

So I'm feeling the excitement of the franchise all over again, much as I had when I built and launched the GameReplays CoH portal back in 2006. Sega & Relic have given me permission to go live with content, so I've just kicked things off. If you don't mind, I'd like to keep this thread updated with future videos as well.

Live:
► Ohm Plays "Company of Heroes 2 Beta" #1 - 2vs2 Russian Anti-Tank Commander

► Ohm's "Company of Heroes 2" Beta Quick Look - 2vs2 Solo Queue Russian

► Northernlion's "Let's Look At: Company of Heroes 2 Beta" - Ohm's Perspective

Coming Soon:
► Even more MM games, 1vs1 and 2vs2s primarily
► Other surprises (unannounced at the moment)
20 Apr 2013, 08:48 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Nice! But in the rules they surely sent you via email there's written that you cannot show menus/customization area/options. ;)

Also in the same email you should have got a message that you would have copy-pasted in the description of all your Youtube videos related to COH2 Beta saying that you got the specific permission from Relic/SEGA, and you should have been added in the list here -> http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums/community-news-feed/topics/Announcing-CoH2-closed-beta-casts which it seems you hadn't.

Who gave you the permission exactly? You need both Noun and Lynx permission (so Relic and SEGA) :) PM me and I'll give you their email address if you need it ;)

20 Apr 2013, 08:53 AM

Well I don't see your name on the permission post, but anyway you really ought to be aware of this:

There are a couple of ground rules we need you guys to follow. They're pretty simple:
* Do not cast menus, settings, and other things beyond the actual gameplay component.
20 Apr 2013, 16:32 PM

Nice! But in the rules they surely sent you via email there's written that you cannot show menus/customization area/options. ;)

Also in the same email you should have got a message that you would have copy-pasted in the description of all your Youtube videos related to COH2 Beta saying that you got the specific permission from Relic/SEGA, and you should have been added in the list here -> http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums/community-news-feed/topics/Announcing-CoH2-closed-beta-casts which it seems you hadn't.

Who gave you the permission exactly? You need both Noun and Lynx permission (so Relic and SEGA) :) PM me and I'll give you their email address if you need it ;)

They put no restrictions on my coverage at all, I was not on the same email chain as you guys. I was dealing with Sega PR, Lynx was a secondary to going live (in that he needed links in order to protect me from takedown notices). Lynx acknowledged that he saw it, and expressed no concerns whatsoever.

I think that the difference here is most likely that I'm handling coverage as press, versus as a fansite/community member. Granted, I used to be part of this community via the CoH portal that I built and launched at GameReplays, but my main role over the years has been on the press side. For example, back during the Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor launch, I was allowed to go live before pretty much anyone with hands-on video footage. It was tied to coverage I put together at Tom's Guide / Hardware.
22 Apr 2013, 00:53 AM

Just added my more general audience video collaboration with Northernlion. Future videos will go back to standard matches against other players.
26 Apr 2013, 05:05 AM

I've now kicked off an "Ohm Plays" series, which will make up the bulk of the remaining videos I post.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 8
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment