Login

russian armor

Recon Paratroopers

3 Nov 2014, 23:49 PM

So I just noticed in a custom match that the Paratroopers you get from the Airdropped Combat Group, unlike their Airborne brothers, can not plant the timed democharges, but can instead lay the M7 Light AT mines..
Are there any other differences between them?
4 Nov 2014, 00:24 AM

No weapon upgrades (they come with them), get less Thompsons/M19's than standard paras. I don't think they get healing at vet 2 either (can't confirm this though, don't use the ability much)

Oh and the commander they come in is turd (unless you want to decimate blobs). :)
4 Nov 2014, 01:07 AM
Patrion 14

Differences to the standard paras:

- no healing at vet2 (bug/unintended)
- no purchasable weapon upgrades
- no demo charge
- light at mine
- come with random weapons (chance of getting one particular load-out according to Cruzz: 50% bazookas, 25% thompsons, 25% 1919)
- have 3 instead of 4 thompsons, do not get the concentrated fire ability normal paras gain with the thompson upgrade, they have an additional 2 weapon slots to pick up other weapons which will replace 2 of the 3 carbines
- get 1 1919 instead of 2, don't get the suppression ability (Yossarian is correct they actually do get the ability, it seems only the thompson squad doesn't get the same ability), don't know if they get any weapon slots to pick other weapons up
- get 2 bazookas, cannot pick up any additional weapons
4 Nov 2014, 07:19 AM

Differences to the standard paras:
- get 1 1919 instead of 2, don't get the suppression ability, don't know if they get any weapon slots to pick other weapons up

Recon paratroopers with a 1919 have suppressing fire ability and one additional weapon slot.
4 Nov 2014, 09:02 AM

Oh and the commander they come in is turd (unless you want to decimate blobs). :)

Decimating blobs should be everyone's goal in life! Plus, I find the barrage from the I&R Pathfinders really good.
4 Nov 2014, 17:24 PM

Decimating blobs should be everyone's goal in life! Plus, I find the barrage from the I&R Pathfinders really good.

It's not a terrible commander, I just don't think it's as good as Airborne/Rifle/Infantry. I find I lack resources with that commander. Not enough munis for Greyhound/Arty/Recon. Getting the Greyhound delays tech and its near impossible to skip a tech with this commander, further delaying tanks. The combat group I find rarely (if ever) pays for itself. The sight range is also pretty meh, I&R's are decent though I just with they came with a sniper.
5 Nov 2014, 16:06 PM

It's not a terrible commander, I just don't think it's as good as Airborne/Rifle/Infantry. I find I lack resources with that commander. Not enough munis for Greyhound/Arty/Recon. Getting the Greyhound delays tech and its near impossible to skip a tech with this commander, further delaying tanks. The combat group I find rarely (if ever) pays for itself. The sight range is also pretty meh, I&R's are decent though I just with they came with a sniper.

what ever are the disadvantages there is nothing more satisfying than a canister shot into a blob of vet volks and obers and watch there parts fly in air :) i so badly want this commander but RNGs keep giving me mechanized commanders :(
Vaz
6 Nov 2014, 19:07 PM

This commander needs some help from relic. It has some potentially good tools, but it seems they have been weakened by design. Those mines are really junky. You can place a lot of them, but they do nothing to stop armor. There is supposed to be some chance to immobilize tank, but I don't think I've ever caused it more than maybe 1 time. They have some crit bug too, which cruzz has discussed previously.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★