Login

russian armor

Who is going to be the All Time vCoH Champ?

20 Apr 2013, 00:12 AM

So. It's the end of an era. vCoH as we have know it is coming to an end in 2 weeks time.

That'll be it. Forever. There may be some activity on Steam if they ever get round to fixing it but vCoH will always be remembered for the Quatzal server version. Love it or loathe over the years it's been the focus of all our attention and CoH will never be the same again.

Top of the US ladder on 7th May will become the greatest vCoH player who ever played.

Who will it be?
20 Apr 2013, 09:01 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

We should make a pool (damn we don't have it xD) with candidates. I think that afterall DevM is the strongest COH player of the last years, but the most famous guy, the one who did more for the COH community still remains Sepha. They should be both crowned ^^
20 Apr 2013, 09:54 AM

2v2 is underrated MVGame
20 Apr 2013, 12:23 PM

;( end of vchoh,hope they fixed this steam version.
Best players from my perspective are Siberianplatoon and Devm
thumbs up :thumb: for Aimstrong,Symbiosis,SEb,Sepha,Guderian,TomiToma
thumbs up for best streamers too Inverse,Pepsi,Hans and Stephenn
and I almost forget one of best streamers and players Tommy
20 Apr 2013, 12:41 PM

(it should totally be me)
20 Apr 2013, 12:45 PM

Top of the US ladder on 7th May will become the greatest vCoH player who ever played.

Who will it be?

If you judge it like this the drophackers are the best players.
If you judge it by skill, DevM is the winner.
If you judge it by popularity, Sepha is the winner.

So, how will you judge it?
20 Apr 2013, 14:52 PM

There's just so many to choose from, and the answer year to year over the last 6 years has been different, as it is today. So...who knows. Sepha has always been the most popular, or at least one of the most popular...

Judging by leaderboards is inaccurate...as can be attested to by the fact that I am in the top 5 on new ladders. :O I was only lvl 14, 16 at best in old coh.
20 Apr 2013, 15:32 PM
Donator 11

20 Apr 2013, 15:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge

You can't judge it by the situation of leaderboard on May 7th lol :P

There are alot of players to nominate for this. Every phase over the past 6yrs had their own top players. But overal, Sepha has been the best over time. He always had a big influence on the metagame. Always performed well in any tournament he played in. And if you listen to him on casts, he understands the game so well. For me that makes him the best vCoH player ;)
20 Apr 2013, 15:55 PM

So, how will you judge it?

By who is top of the US leaderboard on May 7th of course.

I know lots of top players don't claim to value the ladder positions any more but at the end of the day what will be remembered is who was top.

You could have a popular vote but that's beside the point. If you polled neutral football fans on who was the best team in the Premier league they would vote for Arsenal. But Arsenal never win it any more. They come 3rd or 4th.

I'd like to see some competition to wrap up the end of an era.
20 Apr 2013, 16:02 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I like the idea of attempting to give some meaning to the coh ladders, but I just don't think you're gonna be able to swing it, and idea itself already reeks of artificiality. Nobody will remember or care about ladders full of grinders and hackers. It's tournament performance that counts, always has been, always will be.
20 Apr 2013, 16:02 PM
Senior Caster Badge

By who is top of the US leaderboard on May 7th of course.

I know lots of top players don't claim to value the ladder positions any more but at the end of the day what will be remembered is who was top.

You could have a popular vote but that's beside the point. If you polled neutral football fans on who was the best team in the Premier league they would vote for Arsenal. But Arsenal never win it any more. They come 3rd or 4th.

I'd like to see some competition to wrap up the end of an era.

Yeah but Arsenal doesn't maphack.
20 Apr 2013, 16:23 PM

Siberian Platoon is N1.

Followed by Devm, then Mathieu and myself ofc.
20 Apr 2013, 16:26 PM

I want to say DevM because I got a fluke win against him in automatch once...but he's a close second to Sepha imo
20 Apr 2013, 17:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i think by far the most dominate player in coh while he was around was Siberian Platoon. but that was only for a short time as he left idk why.

i don't know who the best player is as i only watched reruns of snfs back to there infancy and only started playing coh long after release.
20 Apr 2013, 18:37 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Siberian left because he joined the Ukranian military academy. He's gonna command dem troops for real. (Watch out, enemies of Ukraine!)
20 Apr 2013, 19:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2013, 17:00 PMWiFiDi
i think by far the most dominate player in coh while he was around was Siberian Platoon.
21 Apr 2013, 01:32 AM

Siberian left because he joined the Ukranian military academy. He's gonna command dem troops for real. (Watch out, enemies of Ukraine!)

Yes, I do think the Ukranian military is in dire need of someone with some tactical ability, albeit virtual ability. :P
21 Apr 2013, 06:34 AM

WOW..... do you for even a second think that ANY of the current coh ladders are real? Then you must be very naive.....

I would say that at least 6-7 on the top 10 lists are stats hackers and have no right to be there....

We all know WHO the real pro players are even though they are not on top of the *ladders*.

For example - in 2v2 - you really think that MiguelAngelReloaded is top player? Or isacweng guy? Blackparade?? etc etc ?? Pfffff please.....

Ladders DONT SAY ANYTHING of skill as there are sadly too many hackers now days to make ANY ladders legit.

My opinion would be that a prize should be given to Sepha for allways being one of the top dogs and being the most influensive player of coh of all time AND to DevM for being NOW one or if not THE best coh player.
21 Apr 2013, 06:53 AM

Are you guys all forgeting COHEXPERTS? IronRoman is a British God, among men.

But seriously for as long as I've been part of the community I'd say DevM is the best. I never really had the fortune of seeing old pros duke it out like Siberian and Seb.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS