Login

russian armor

[Need Advice] 2v2 USF Strategies with a Friend

2 Nov 2014, 19:52 PM

My friend and I have been independently playing 1v1s for a while now, and we are looking to take both of our skill sets into a team auto match. I have browsed around Coh2.org and the rest of the web, and I cannot exactly locate a quality 2v2 double USF strategy that is thoroughly explained(build orders, tasks, etc. for each player). We want to know how to counter OKW as a team especially. We work well in terms of teamwork and communication, we just aren't exactly sure how to use great synergy with double USF.

Does anyone have a strategy to suggest? Perhaps a replay? Please post advice below, I will surely read it.
2 Nov 2014, 19:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I was thinking of writing one, haven been playing a lot of double US now with my mate. Guess I'll write it a bit faster now :P
Some quick tips:
infantry + airborne is probably the strongest combination
Absolutely veto minks and road to kharkov
Build a tank trap (gives green cover) at your cutoff if there is no heavy cover available
The one going airborne should rush an m20 and plant a mine so you can bait the coming puma. Other guy can go captain and more rifles even with grenades. Pack howitzer if they are campy around med truck otherwise an atgun against puma/luchs
2 Nov 2014, 20:02 PM

I was thinking of writing one, haven been playing a lot of double US now with my mate. Guess I'll write it a bit faster now :P
Some quick tips:
infantry + airborne is probably the strongest combination
Absolutely veto minks and road to kharkov
Build a tank trap (gives green cover) at your cutoff if there is no heavy cover available
The one going airborne should rush an m20 and plant a mine so you can bait the coming puma. Other guy can go captain and more rifles even with grenades. Pack howitzer if they are campy around med truck otherwise an atgun against puma/luchs

Great tips so far! It would be great if someone setup a guide in the Guide Section. I feel a lot of players need guidance when it comes to playing as USF in a 2v2. Perhaps you are the one to do it? Keep 'em coming lads.
2 Nov 2014, 20:39 PM
Donator 22

Add some onf my own :

Ban Ettelbruck too, really anoying map , and rail and metal.

simple strats are the best, as said Sarantini, Infantry + airborne is the classic choice, here are my my tips :

Use your high mobility tanks, you are cons heavy compo as you don't play soviet.

Classic first is agressive m20 + m8 + jacks, go 2 or 3 rifles(depends on how many rifle model you need to reinforce) + 1 fuel cache + lieut + m20 => armored upgrade and plant a mine before going in fight, bait the puma if there is one. Build a second fuel cache + a paratrooper if you manage to not loose that many model, major + m8 (It should come at 8min 30 if you go with this build), then you can either go for a second m8 or a jackson, for a late game of

3 rifles(late game, replace wiped squad by para, but don't waste MP to have 1000 inf squad, first it's useless, second, you got the more MP heavy infantry, don't waste all your more than need MP because you won fight, but loose each time 4 of the 5 models).
3 rifles
1 para.
1 lieut.
1 m20.
2m8.
1 jackson.

Your role un your team ? You're the MP drainer, as many Axis just now spam infantry because you know, riflemen is the best core infantry but loose to gren, pgren, ostroopen volks (that another debate I know)and you don't have the ISU wipe power or the heavy tanks, you will just send your inf to cap, covered by your m8, Infantry is just a screen, killing ? Don't care, just let the m8 destroy the infantry, with the new cover mechanic and the "stack close to each other", you will wipe many many many squad, trust me, with this , i can kill, on a 30 min long match, 50/100 infantry model(with only the m8), easy. You have to do it first to counter the insane shrek blob for far (Sherman is too short ranged, but not the m8). Be fast, be Mobile, attack everywhere, support your troops with m8, support your mate troops too, very important, attack where there is no AT gun.Put some mines with m 20/upgrade your para, but don't forget to manage your ammo to get 240 mp for a p47 strafe

Second is the infantry tank fighter , you go with the same start 3 riflemens, on cache, ambulance(You will need a ambulance, one for 2 in the béginning is enought) captain then you can choose, you are really good on this stage of the game (having both fuel), go for the stuart, fear a early tank from Osth, go for a 51 mm at, hard infantry spam, howi is for you, then you go major, and jackson first if you don't have AT gun, then you can take 1 sherman but mainly jackson.

You should be like :

3-5 rifles
captain
stuart or at guns
howi
Jacksons
sherman

Your role ? You're the tank hunter, you work with your mate, he oblitarate infantry, you cover the m8 with your jackson and AT gun, your m1919 infantry will just pin the enemy infantry, and you will watch your bromate breaking them.You won't have the same infantry kills, but you will have 10/20k more dmg than your friend.

End game, hunt big boys (like JT, KT, and tiger) as a team, m8 smoke barrage, frontal and flankin charges.

That's how I personnaly play USF with random effectivly, going to top 3 in 2v2(then going back, random mates are randoms) I envi you guy, found no potent mate so far.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight