Login

russian armor

US viable again?

4 Nov 2014, 04:17 AM

The tear gas barrage is insane. You want to base rape an OKW medic building, completely dismantle a defensive line, or seriously jack up an infantry blob, that's what you use.

The fact that it lowers the entire health of a squad means it synergizes very well with the M1919's high rate of fire. For bonus fun, sneak a Rifle squad in defensive stance overlooking a blobs retreat path, and force a retreat with tear gas.

The vet 1 fuse ability is also decent.
4 Nov 2014, 05:18 AM

As someone who came to coh 1 late (was after patch 2,602) and fell in love with PE because of so many varieties of units compared to Wehr and Brit linear tech and US who were basically just rifles to M8 or BAR rifles to Sherman. I feel like in COH2 the USF is very similar to PE because it has highly mobile glass cannon vehicles/tank destroyers, expensive/mobile infantry that can become very strong if upgraded, no sniper, weak MG/weak AT gun (PE had none of course) and super intense micro requirement.

In a world of perfect micro, the USF would be best overall 1v1 commander. However, because of such fragile vehicles/tanks the US is at slight disadvantage in long games and large team games. That being said they are so strong early game with great grenades, smoke to close, AA ht and bar rifles that 1v1 is balanced IMO.

Anyone else agree?
4 Nov 2014, 17:21 PM

As someone who came to coh 1 late (was after patch 2,602) and fell in love with PE because of so many varieties of units compared to Wehr and Brit linear tech and US who were basically just rifles to M8 or BAR rifles to Sherman. I feel like in COH2 the USF is very similar to PE because it has highly mobile glass cannon vehicles/tank destroyers, expensive/mobile infantry that can become very strong if upgraded, no sniper, weak MG/weak AT gun (PE had none of course) and super intense micro requirement.

In a world of perfect micro, the USF would be best overall 1v1 commander. However, because of such fragile vehicles/tanks the US is at slight disadvantage in long games and large team games. That being said they are so strong early game with great grenades, smoke to close, AA ht and bar rifles that 1v1 is balanced IMO.

Anyone else agree?

Except US don't have a late game monster like PE had JadgPanther/ double Panther call in. Also Rifles get rolled by Vetted LMG Grens & Ober/Volk blob and does nothing against Axis Armor due to poor bazooka pen/dmg, nothing like STG44 or double shrek Pgren.
4 Nov 2014, 19:21 PM

I really like them, and I'm starting to play more with them, than with the Soviets. I think they really lack serious AT, because that Jackson isn't cutting the deal when you're up against KT/JT + Stuka.

JT just kills everything armored, so when you go heavy AT, the Stuka will just tear everything apart.

This just shows how ridiculous some units like the JT/isu152 and elephant are. in 1vs1 us late game is perfectly viable and doesn't need call ins compared to the soviet late game.
4 Nov 2014, 19:31 PM

Well they are really strong, and sorry but USF vs KT, not going to happen.
4 Nov 2014, 20:21 PM

The US was fine even int he last patch for 1v1s. It seems the vast majority of posters here seem to only be thinking of balance vs the OKW which is still hard on the US. They pay almost no attention to how bad the Wehrmacht has it vs the US right now. That match up is so lopsided that any one mistake early game or mid game for the Wehrmacht is gg.
4 Nov 2014, 21:24 PM

USF are shit in team games (3v3, 4v4).
4 Nov 2014, 21:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2014, 19:21 PMJaigen

This just shows how ridiculous some units like the JT/isu152 and elephant are. in 1vs1 us late game is perfectly viable and doesn't need call ins compared to the soviet late game.

+1 and i like that none of their commanders have moronic call on units. Only issue with US i really have is bar blobbing can get out of hand but then that is probably down to limited unit options more than anything.
4 Nov 2014, 22:04 PM

I can only speak for 1v1:
I find early to mid-game US is now slightly stronger than Soviets. Vs OST, US dominate the early game pretty hard. It takes good prediction and mg micro to hold a steady line.

Late-game is where they (still) break down. Basically, OST and OKW have to delay until heavies come out and then break out. Barring heavy engine crits, heavies shouldn't die and just rake up kills and veterancy at that point.

4 Nov 2014, 22:35 PM

Still no late game.
Still plenty of useless and awkward abilities

No late game?

-Jacksons and M8A1s. P-47 skill rockets.

Useless abilities?

-LMG suppression fire, smoke nades for standard infantry, repair engine criticals, canister shot one shotting squads, there's probably more.

USF is actually very good now in 1v1 because of bars and broken paratrooper LMGs. Wehrmacht is the most difficult faction now, in team games (at least 2v2s) too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★