Login

russian armor

okw building perks

2 Nov 2014, 04:05 AM

i think its also about time this is discussed.

for the cheapest teching cost in the game, they do get the best stuff from their buildings while other factions have to pay more to get the same. medical truck gives free heals, mechanized gives free repairs and the worst of all, the flak gun truck.

the flak gun truck needs a really good looking at. im fine with free repairs, free healing but not this, not when it has such a huge presence on the field.

it comes fast, relatively cheap and most importantly, it has a huge direct impact on the field. it guards a massive range, able to suppress and penetrate medium tanks. it has a HUGE hp pool and takes a long time to destroy even with AT guns and satchel charges. impossible to demo charge due to invulnerable gun crew. to make life even more miserable, it calls in obersoldatens and luchs.

this thing really needs to go or make it so that it can be decrewed and have to be constantly manned by the player's own troops.
2 Nov 2014, 04:15 AM

There is a big drawback with the OKW tech though... If you destroy that building then they are screwed and have to pay to tech AGAIN - and wait for the truck.

With the USF do you need to pay for the major again if he is killed to get a tank... No.

I know you can destroy base buildings and need to pay again, but because OKW tech and building is the same thing - it's a big more complicated.
2 Nov 2014, 04:21 AM

There is a big drawback with the OKW tech though... If you destroy that building then they are screwed and have to pay to tech AGAIN - and wait for the truck.

With the USF do you need to pay for the major again if he is killed to get a tank... No.

I know you can destroy base buildings and need to pay again, but because OKW tech and building is the same thing - it's a big more complicated.

yes i know, but the flak gun comes fast and has a HUGE hp pool, before any ballistic weapons can be brought in. the most you have is a single AT gun. by the time you can bring in more guns to bear, the okw play would have already gotten more units, making things alot more miserable.

there is no way i will use direct fire units against the flak truck, not when there are hordes of enemy infantry around.

based on that early availability, that early field presence and that huge lockdown sector, i feel that its too much, way too much.
2 Nov 2014, 04:56 AM

you are a brave person for starting this topic. brace yourself for some flaming
2 Nov 2014, 05:02 AM

I second this. A major push on the flak truck, especially well positioned, is a pipe dream.

Making it decrewable would go a long way though
2 Nov 2014, 05:19 AM

Unless you are going for the KT at which point the buildings are completely expendable.
2 Nov 2014, 05:20 AM

The flak HQ isn't really that difficult to destroy...

Pathfinders arty brings it down to 10/20% health. Then it can be easily taken out with an AT gun using attack ground.
Rifle blob with zooks... Smoke grenade and attack ground.
An allied vehicle distracting the flak while AT guns or zooks deal with it...

Need I go on....?
2 Nov 2014, 05:23 AM

While some things about flak hq may be debatable, they overshadowed by big margin by other disbalances, and, imo, nerfing it makes as much sense as reducing soviet squads by 4 man and making USF tech separate from free lieutenant/captain/major.

Obers, sov snipers and call-ins nerf when?
2 Nov 2014, 06:09 AM
Patrion 14

med truck + flak can be abused like shit. in tight or long maps like kharkov or rails and metal.

get med down. get sturm officer, make a hard point and don't worry about snipers, sturm officer + ost mort will snipe them really good. and when allies are just about to get ready to flank that position, with mid game vehicles, flak HT is down in the path.

really boring, real chessey, really sucky

edit: talking about 2v2
2 Nov 2014, 06:26 AM
Patrion 27

If you suspect they are going to the flak truck very fast then a Zis AT gun can just barely outrange it, or you can tech up to su85 which take sa while but is strong against the armor at the schewer panzer HQ.

For Soviets the Kv1 and KV-8 can easily solo the OKW tier 4.
2 Nov 2014, 06:33 AM

I use sov snipers a lot in 3v3/4v4 and know how to counter them, speaking of counters mortars is sucky and unreliable way to do so, because, usually, i can dictate where snipers is, not OKW player. And if OKW camping hardcore katy and b-4 make wonders.

Still, sov snipers unreasonably survivable to well executed flanks with their retarded sprint. Same as German tanks blitz, except blitz more justified than sprint on snipers.

I just pointed on fact game have more serious balance problems than flak hq. Aside form snipers, AoE weapons efficiency with recent infantry grouping change is good example of those problems.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment