Login

russian armor

KV1-Useless?

• This thread is locked
nee
5 Nov 2014, 11:23 AM

The armour is really what makes this unit interesting compared with the T-34, because other than that they are identical. The only real reason why one would want to use this is if they're either trying to have a laugh, or need a T-34 but didn't build T3 yet.

I think different abilities and upgrades would have made this tank more useful if not versatile. Heck I think the KV-8s that some commanders deploy should have been the KV-1 and the flamer as an upgrade. Barring that, the KV-1 could have the 85mm gun as upgrade to make it more viable in late-game matches and convert it to an AT role.
5 Nov 2014, 15:45 PM

I uset too roll this time all the time when I went counterattack heavy.

But yeah, it does suck 1v1 on even a panzer, but is scary in groups of three and scary with vet. I do find that you have to use the armor bulliten if you plan on heavly useing this.

So yeah, main problem is how much resources you have to pump into these things to get the numbers to be useful.
7 Nov 2014, 16:26 PM

KV-1 is great for crushing!
8 Jul 2017, 18:06 PM

KV-1 is a good tank to support your infantry or neutralize enemy infantry targets. With a KV-1 you can defend strategic points or locations.
8 Jul 2017, 18:55 PM

KV-1 is a good tank to support your infantry or neutralize enemy infantry targets. With a KV-1 you can defend strategic points or locations.

You realize this thread is 3 years old lol?
8 Jul 2017, 19:18 PM

The KV1 is a heavily armored T34, more or less. Get SU85s and use the KV1 as a spotter or a meat shield since that's pretty much what you need it for. The main point of this commander is the B4, which is only useful if the opponents were stupid enough to not pick a commander with recon and Stuka Bombing Strike.

There are only three Ostheer commanders that have recon and stuka bombs and only one of those is meta. OkW doesn't have either. However it's counter by more than just stuka dive bomb
8 Jul 2017, 19:44 PM

8 Jul 2017, 19:48 PM

You realize this thread is 3 years old lol?

But in true Relic fashion, still relevant.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★