Login

russian armor

Static defenses.

19 Apr 2013, 16:55 PM

So I don't know if this has been brought up already, sorry if that's the case.

So let's talk about static defenses. Has Relic not learned anything from OF?

The way sandbags and wire work in vCoH make it a very customizable and creative game, you can make whatever the fuck you want with those sandbags and wire. The way emplecements work in CoH2 is like they did in OF with Brits, there's very little room for creativity and creating a unique game every time. Honestly I'm tired of Relic trying to make the game noob friendly, this limits creativity and skill ceiling.

Oh and the fact that there are not AT traps is annoying as hell as well, why? Just why Relic.

Discuss!
19 Apr 2013, 17:02 PM

AT traps can go IMO. There were some uses for them back in vCoH, but they weren't used THAT much. They didn't contribute that much to the metagame, even if sometmies they had uses.

I agree with sandbags and wire though. The way they are now, completely sucks. I guess they did it to prevent abuses, but placing sandbags is a pain in the ass right now.

19 Apr 2013, 17:07 PM

There's no abuse as long as your opponent can also make them.

Oh and I totally forgot about them removing FHQ. WHyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
20 Apr 2013, 01:47 AM

AT traps can go IMO. There were some uses for them back in vCoH, but they weren't used THAT much. They didn't contribute that much to the metagame, even if sometmies they had uses.

I can't imagine trying to deal with 2x PE on Lorraine without Tank Traps
20 Apr 2013, 01:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2013, 01:47 AMKolaris

I can't imagine trying to deal with 2x PE on Lorraine without Tank Traps

Touché, but still, we can agree that's one very specific matchup (2xPE), in a very specific situation (Lorraine), in a generally more unbalanced game mode (2v2).

Sure, there's other situations, but removing tank traps isn't the greatest sin in history.

....The UI is. :p
Joe
20 Apr 2013, 04:21 AM

I am disappointed by the sandbags being once piece so it blows up all at once instead of mortars/tanks just taking chunks out of the wall.

20 Apr 2013, 04:33 AM

There's no abuse as long as your opponent can also make them.

Oh and I totally forgot about them removing FHQ. WHyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Because FHQ no longer fits with the game mechanics. Your units don't spawn from buildings, they're called into the battlefield. If you want to reinforce on the front lines use a halftrack; stick it behind a house and it's better than a FHQ because the new truesight system will keep it hidden.
21 Apr 2013, 00:09 AM

Units still reinforcing from german bunkers, how is that different than a forward HQ (or a clown car of a HT with unlimited supply of reserves)?
21 Apr 2013, 01:02 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Azhor was probably talking about how the FHQ let you build units directly from it - Engineers + whatever infantry you can build from the base buildings you have.
21 Apr 2013, 02:18 AM

Perhaps, but it would be nice if the Russians (and to a lesser extent Germans, but have covered through bunkers) could make a forward reinforcement and healing point. The FHQ comes to mind here :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 43
Russian Federation 38

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment