Login

russian armor

Changes made that you disagree with

27 Oct 2014, 03:22 AM

This thread is for posting intentional changes Relic have made to the game that you disagreed with. Whether that be balance or gameplay changes. Try to keep the discussion on a high-level, I don't want this thread to degrade into a 'whine' thread. Simply post the change made and why you disagreed with it. Please give a reason rather than simple posting things you don't like. Feel free to disagree + discuss with others within the thread.

I'll start:
Nerfs to the elefant:
I've posted this elsewhere which is what sparked me to start this thread. I never agreed the elefant was OP to begin with and since its nerf it is never used and is next to useless. All it did was function like a slower SU85 with its stats buffed. It was (and still is) very susceptible to arty and smart flanking and is completely useless against infantry. Using button also worked well combined with these counters. For it's cost I believed it functioned well and the nerf was not needed. Unless they just want to remove the elefant completely, I believe it needs a buff to be viable again. It says volumes that even with the current call-in meta this tank is useless.

Nerf to Wehrmacht Halftrack:
Why was the flamer upgrade nerfed to only purchasable in T3? I ask myself everytime I'm reminded of it. This was effectively the only hard counter to maxim spam, and now it was nerfed Maxim spam is now a widespread effective cheesey tactic. The halftrack flamers was definitely strong in it's prime but still countered by AT guns with an AT nade to slow it or mass AT nades alone. The other nerfs to Wehrmacht teching (increases to teching costs) is enough to offset the strength so it's not too strong but still viable. At the moment this upgrade is useless because it comes way too late at such a high cost.

Changes to Wehrmact teching:
I really liked the ability of Wehrmacht to skip tiers and back-tech at a later stage if needed. It felt really dynamic and like you could really devise your own strategy with interesting teching coupled with unique commanders. Now it costs so much and its so cheap to build the buildings there is no point in skipping tiers. I believe they should swap the teching cost with the building cost - make building the actual tier building expensive but teching itself not. This will keep the same 'effective' cost of teching but allow players to devise more dynamic strategics. I am generally against keeping a game like this linear.

I'll add more as I think of them. Feel free to disagree and contribute!
27 Oct 2014, 04:32 AM

WC51 back to 0 CP
27 Oct 2014, 04:53 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Elefant

Well it was overshadowed by the ISU-152 and the Jagd, now they will have a micro tax and it will not

So it shall be interesting to see where it sits

Why was the flamer upgrade nerfed to only purchasable in T3?

Because it was too good and a no brainer.

Now it is an upgrade you have to think hard about

27 Oct 2014, 05:03 AM

Now it is an upgrade you have to think hard about

It was strong as it should be at 120 ammo (especially since Wehr really need their ammo more than others) but was easily killed. It was also a hard counter to maxim spam, now nothing comes early enough that is - hence the current dreaded reign of maxim spam.

You're right, it is an upgrade you have to think hard about. I think hard about how useless it is and why they even still include it in the game anymore. T3 is way too late for it to be even close to useful.
27 Oct 2014, 05:21 AM

Now it is an upgrade downgrade you have to think hard about want to throw 120 muni away

-_-

Even if the upgrade is free, coming in stock with the 251 HT, it is still a joke comparing to USF AAHT, in comparing of field timing, DPS, effect range and light AT power, etc.

In Ostheer T3 stage, all 251 hard counters are flooded on the field, (Guards / zooka squad / T70 / T34 / Sherman / M8A1 / Stuart / AAHT etc), why would you waste 120 muni on a shit possibly die in 3 seconds?
27 Oct 2014, 05:29 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Item:

Soviets are designed to only have access to half their core units

Item:

Therefore they are designed around spamming a small range of units

Their opening options are:

Conscripts

T1

T2

One of those happens to be better and last into the mid game, hence we see Maxims

Fixing that requires:

1) Fundamental redesign of Soviet faction

2) Other options to be more viable
27 Oct 2014, 09:59 AM

Making ISU and Anti-all unit. Yes it can be considered correct that a unit knows as "Garden all" to well be good against both tanks and inf. But that is what earned it the need to be nerfed in the first place.

Get it back to inf only, or why not make it a sov equivilent of the Priest? Cuz that is what it really is. An ML-20 howitzer in an armoured chassi.
27 Oct 2014, 10:38 AM

With next patch, ISU and Jtiger will be like Sturmtiger (manuel fire). This will make elephant worthy. In team games, axis team will discuss that having autofire elephant or manuel fire JTiger is good for their strategy.
29 Oct 2014, 00:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2014, 10:38 AMErguvan
With next patch, ISU and Jtiger will be like Sturmtiger (manuel fire). This will make elephant worthy. In team games, axis team will discuss that having autofire elephant or manuel fire JTiger is good for their strategy.

Meh, if you have good micro the manual fire won't be a problem. I know it's easier said than done, but in the hands of good players the JT and ISU technically won't 'change'.
29 Oct 2014, 07:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2014, 00:13 AMGTTV

Meh, if you have good micro the manual fire won't be a problem. I know it's easier said than done, but in the hands of good players the JT and ISU technically won't 'change'.

I agree but it takes too much effort. Thus, people will consider it imo.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★