Login

russian armor

Another OP - topic- explain me....

19 Apr 2013, 01:09 AM

So pls explain me...maybe I dont see the whole picture.

But how can the game be balanced if

...russian T-34 get severely damaged by mortars,

...get killed by a few grenadier squads.

...the I2 can be outcountered even by a panther

...the tiger is stronger while cost is nearly equal (may be wrong with the cost)

...the mg42 has double the arc of the russian mg (while the other deploys faster - but still a severe drawback)

...the flamethrower halftrack can only be countered by at guns or tanks (seriously - antitank nades did 10% damage on it....so am i supposed to take 10 infantry squads to kill it with one throw?)

...since the anti tank nades are so ineffective (or is it only happening to me??!?!) the russians got no capable anti tank infantry (teach me better - I am willing to learn)

...russian have no bunkers!! now thats a big drawback.

...russian standard infantry gets slaughtered by german squad of the same cost (just tested - even with engi support...)

...even the german standard infantry have anti tank capability - they would kill a flamethrower halftrack with ease

...maybe take the halftrack as anti infantry unit with its anti air gun mounted? Bad idea...panzerfausts even destroy it.

what do the russians have as advantage?

...they got bigger squads (which die way faster) even the snipers are in a team.

...the tanks are cheaper (but even die to infantry lol)

...they can build sandbags ...well......not that much better than bunkers am i wrong? >:(

...their antitank guns seem quite capable....but then again...try to kill a tiger with 2 of them...breakfast for the tiger...

Tell me guys - what makes the two armys balanced? It seems all I throw against the germans is outcountered by sth with the equal cost.

I am not that all saying its all unbalanced and nobody can proof me wrong.

It just seems to me that the german army has too many possibilities which the russians dont have.

Flamethrower tanks, mgs with huge arcs. extremly and really really extremly powerfull tanks. Really capable infantry units that are able to kill a tank with ease.
Even the standard infantry can kill light vehicles without problems.
Even without an update the standard infantry can fire rocketnades that can devastate an enemy squad.
bunkers.
Medicbunkers.
Am I missing sth?

Tell me how I am supposed to play the russians so they are not overwealmed by every other equal enemy unit.

Best regards
19 Apr 2013, 10:26 AM

Play as the germans and see what others are doing against you.
19 Apr 2013, 10:27 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2013, 10:26 AMQvazar
Play as the germans and see what others are doing against you.

yes please comeback when you have played germans.

soviets win with numbers not 1 for 1.

mortars/at guns/anything with arty or anti tank kill those pesky bunkers there are lots of tools at your disposal.

like the Americans in coh1 soviets are better early game but do have options late game just need numbers.
19 Apr 2013, 11:06 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

So pls explain me...maybe I dont see the whole picture.

But how can the game be balanced if

...russian T-34 get severely damaged by mortars,

Move them

...get killed by a few grenadier squads.

As I already said

...the I2 can be outcountered even by a panther

Hmm no?An IS-2 rapes a Panther in 1vs1 fight

...the tiger is stronger while cost is nearly equal (may be wrong with the cost)

Use combined arms like T34/76 ramming and then attacking with an IS-2

...the mg42 has double the arc of the russian mg (while the other deploys faster - but still a severe drawback)

But the Maxim MG does more damage and has different purposes. And you can literaly charge the German MG with your Maxim, set up on its face while it's shooting at you and kill it.

...the flamethrower halftrack can only be countered by at guns or tanks (seriously - antitank nades did 10% damage on it....so am i supposed to take 10 infantry squads to kill it with one throw?)

False. It does around 30% of damage. But more than that you are using the wrong unit. Try Guards into M3A1 and let me know.

...since the anti tank nades are so ineffective (or is it only happening to me??!?!) the russians got no capable anti tank infantry (teach me better - I am willing to learn)

Are you actually playing vs AI or humans? They are quite effective in pvp games and they damage engines ;)

...russian have no bunkers!! now thats a big drawback.

Considering the way you are supposed to play them (aggressively) do you actually need bunkers at all?

...russian standard infantry gets slaughtered by german squad of the same cost (just tested - even with engi support...)

Again, are you playing vs AI? Because the AI has different stats than the units controlled by a human player. Also what you are saying is wrong, conscripts + engineers always win vs grenadiers. And conscripts can scale better due to doctrine upgrades (e.g. "Hit the dirt" ability and PPSh-41 upgrade)

...even the german standard infantry have anti tank capability - they would kill a flamethrower halftrack with ease

That's because you can get M3-A1 way faster than Scout Cars and Halftracks

...maybe take the halftrack as anti infantry unit with its anti air gun mounted? Bad idea...panzerfausts even destroy it.

And what did you expect? That's the same situation of COH Quads...High risk/High damage unit

what do the russians have as advantage?

...they got bigger squads (which die way faster) even the snipers are in a team.

Combat Engineers almost always beat Pioneers and there's even a bulletin that increases their damage, Conscripts and Grenadiers have the same HP in total and do the same damage.

...the tanks are cheaper (but even die to infantry lol)

You are doing something wrong then, or your opponent is simply better than you

...they can build sandbags ...well......not that much better than bunkers am i wrong? >:(

And even sandbags are not really needed considering you are supposed to be playing constantly aggressively and pushing your opponent in his base.

...their antitank guns seem quite capable....but then again...try to kill a tiger with 2 of them...breakfast for the tiger...

That's because the Tiger is (as it was on COH) very good vs anti-tank guns because of its frontal armor and its aoe damage ;) You should use something else to kill it, like combined arms of conscripts AT-nades, T34 ramming and SU-85 shooting from behind.

Tell me guys - what makes the two armys balanced? It seems all I throw against the germans is outcountered by sth with the equal cost.

I am not that all saying its all unbalanced and nobody can proof me wrong.

It just seems to me that the german army has too many possibilities which the russians dont have.

Flamethrower tanks, mgs with huge arcs. extremly and really really extremly powerfull tanks. Really capable infantry units that are able to kill a tank with ease.
Even the standard infantry can kill light vehicles without problems.
Even without an update the standard infantry can fire rocketnades that can devastate an enemy squad.
bunkers.
Medicbunkers.
Am I missing sth?

Yep, you are missing a point: playing a game and losing is part of a videogame. It doesn't necessary mean that the game is bad designed and it's unbalanced, it means that a) you are doing something wrong like not understanding how to effectively use your units and/or b) your opponent is simply better than you.

Now, the game is definitely not balanced but it's also definitely not so unbalanced for Germans as you are suggesting in the post. Play more, watch Youtube videos and watch replays of good players to learn more build orders and how to use effectively your army.

Tell me how I am supposed to play the russians so they are not overwealmed by every other equal enemy unit.

Best regards

Hope the post helped, best regards :D
19 Apr 2013, 11:57 AM

Only things I agree with is that IS-2 is shit for what it costs + when it comes out (don't know if this was changed recently or not), and there isn't a viable way to counter panthers/tigers, also I wish russians have mg bunkers like Americans in vcoh.

All the rest I agree with marcus ^^
19 Apr 2013, 12:21 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

It was changed with the last patch two days ago :)
19 Apr 2013, 12:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge

It was changed with the last patch two days ago :)

its now hacks :(
19 Apr 2013, 12:25 PM

Excellent, I will check this out.
20 Apr 2013, 22:27 PM

I like how your post starts with "how can the game be balanced..." as if that is the general consensus. I don't know anyone that even dares to claim that the game is anywhere close to acceptable balance yet. :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 61
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment