67%
10%
14%
10%
Total votes: 21
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
22 Oct 2014, 10:33 AM

Hello everyone,

after having so many News about the CoH 2 beta, the old beta from 2.700 still seems to be running (the one from August). In case you don't know which one I mean, he'res the quote from Noun on that Topic:

Company of Heroes Update Beta

07-29-2014, 02:29 AM

We are working on a new update to the original Company of Heroes, and are releasing the update as a beta to allow CoH players to test the changes before it goes live into the main game.

This update includes:

•A fix for Ghost Games
•Account Creation - like in CoH2
•Offline Mode

To join the beta:
•Right Click "Company of Heroes (New Steam Version)
•Select "Properties"
•Select the "Betas" tab from the pop-up menu
•Select "Beta -" from the drop down menu
•Close the pop-up menu

The game will then update to the beta version.

Please provide feedback and bug reports in this thread.

Thanks!

Link to the thread: click

From what I could see the Feedback has been quite.... low. Maybe we can help by organizing games via steam or so so we can provide more Feedback for relic to avoid them Publishing another update which fixes 2 issues but creates 20 new ones (like they did with the last patches).

Greetings

22 Oct 2014, 11:52 AM

What is there really to test? Like, what am I supposed to do when in the beta? Can I play with those without it? I'm guessing not?
22 Oct 2014, 12:28 PM

"•A fix for Ghost Games
•Account Creation - like in CoH2
•Offline Mode"

I would gladly give some time to a beta test, which is saying something about my love for this game since I don't have much free time or much time to play. But frankly those aren't game breaking things for me. The only one that is remotely an issue (and not a big one) are the ghost games.

Now if they said they were fixing some of the broken bits, I would be all over it. Even if it was as little as fixing the m10 misfire bug.

TL;DR version - There isn't much interest in the Beta because these bugs aren't a big deal for most active players.
22 Oct 2014, 12:36 PM

yeah the beta is still online :D

but noun is not longer by relic he has quit there

and not many was playing the beta because off nobody knows that the beta exist :/
22 Oct 2014, 14:30 PM

Ofcourse the stuff is minor, and not exactly gamebreaking. But, the thing is:

As Long as there's no/Little Feedback chances are that relic just pushes out a patch which will fuck the game up once more. That's why I say "let's test"..
22 Oct 2014, 17:14 PM

Ofcourse the stuff is minor, and not exactly gamebreaking. But, the thing is:

As Long as there's no/Little Feedback chances are that relic just pushes out a patch which will fuck the game up once more. That's why I say "let's test"..
#

we had give feedback i couldnt post at the support side
neiki at excample has send noun a orivate message no lucky write some in a threat
and me

nobody wanted 2 play the beta :(
poor move from the community......
23 Oct 2014, 12:24 PM

Agree on that... Too bad noone cares.
23 Oct 2014, 12:32 PM

That beta already went live some time ago..
23 Oct 2014, 12:57 PM
Patrion 14

That´s what i tought. Are your sure Relic still expects feedback? Don´t get me wrong, there was a lot. But not in the forum. Neiki send a long list with bugs and issues to Hardi.
23 Oct 2014, 12:58 PM

Ofc it did, but still there's low interaction/activity. And since everybody and his mother is talking about CoH 2 beta I thought it might be worth a try to notify People that this CoH beta is still active and may be used for Feedback.
Gxm
23 Oct 2014, 14:40 PM

So, I dont own the game on my steam account anymore but the owner still shares the right to play his games with me so i should be able to play the beta version right? after downloading it, its nothing there i cant play it, its just says "buy" instead of "play". He can play the beta np. Im aware of the fact that only the owner of the game should play it, but wondering what role is sharing games for friends playing in that? as far as i see its not working.
23 Oct 2014, 17:40 PM

23 Oct 2014, 17:54 PM

I actually had to giggle when reading these options.
Hihi .

And the answer was yes!
23 Oct 2014, 18:37 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I would definately help testing this :)

Maybe Cynthia can deal with this with her new powers :P
23 Oct 2014, 22:15 PM

we need 2 test that the beat works maybe we can do then a little toruney just for fun 2 test it and write an report then...

with bug fix and a little bit balance...
28 Oct 2014, 17:28 PM

The beta doesn't appeal one bit. There is very little point in playing it. If it had something Elite Mod-ish (remove the observer mode part). Then there would be a real incentive. At this point I don't believe it matters anyways. The player base has become so small.

OMG mod seems to be the only version of this game where there is competitiveness left. And it was not even designed to be competitive :p
29 Oct 2014, 09:53 AM

@Rocky Join the coh 2v2 tourney and lets see how competitive you are (;

@Beta - doesnt fix and major issues, so whats the point of playing it. Bring back Basic Match levels (keeps the low-midgame players entertained so they eventually might get better) and give us more maps in automatch (so its not the same every game) and all is fine. I dont expect balance patches at this point, but I would like to see a little more than what this Beta is offering.
29 Oct 2014, 16:05 PM

- Well i'd love too but my pc is broken atm, and this old laptop i'm on is just disgracing me. If tournament is closer than 2 weeks (hope got my pc back by then) away I won't be able to play.

- They literally could just copy elite mod into that and people would have fun with it's fresh breath of air superior gameplay and bugfixing.
29 Oct 2014, 16:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

You know it will never happen. CoH is daed gaem.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★