Login

russian armor

Any word from Relic?

15 Oct 2014, 19:59 PM
Patrion 14

Duh. Noun 'left' Relic as part of the company 'Conquer Canada' strategy.

Once he's infiltrated the upper echelons of government and eaten some more chilli peppers, he's going to move the awesome levers of the Canuck economy to fixing 4v4 and the MG crew bug.

FACT.
15 Oct 2014, 19:59 PM

I just want to know if there will be a patch this week or if they are saving it till ardennes release.
15 Oct 2014, 20:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

probably no patch this week since patches always drop on tuesdays
15 Oct 2014, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 19:34 PMRomeo

Noun is literally reading this thread right now.

Ironically he is leaving Relic and I think he has already practically stopped doing his primary job since Cynthia has taken over :p
15 Oct 2014, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 20:05 PMTNrg

Ironically he is leaving Relic and I think he has already practically stopped doing his primary job since Cynthia has taken over :p

and where is Cynthia??

THEY SHALL ANSWER TO THE PEOPLE'S TRIBUNAL!!!!
15 Oct 2014, 21:24 PM
Patrion 14

15 Oct 2014, 21:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 20:02 PMRomeo
probably no patch this week since patches always drop on tuesdays

7/31 patch, mobile artillery nerfs, released on a Thursday.

7/25 patch, call-in fuel costs raised, released on a Friday.

7/3 patch, Volley Fire neutered, released on a Thursday.

And that's just one month. So no, not always on Tuesdays.

Not saying to expect a relevant patch anytime before AA, but tired of the "patches always on Tuesday" line.
15 Oct 2014, 21:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

That's a good point. Hotfixes or minor tweaks seem to be released pretty much whenever.

But really big patches like July 22, Sep 9, and of course Nov 18 are all tuesdays. It probably has something to do with Relic's build process.

Certainly that's not hard proof of anything, so take it at face value.
15 Oct 2014, 23:12 PM

Quite frankly I don't get the feeling that Relic is close to its players base. Maybe they are listening to a few of them, mainly eSports guys, doing one on one. This is alright, but they should also be listening to team players (4vs4). Look at their forum ! It's not really alive. And be careful what you post over there (the gestapo is watching and is very sensitive about what you are saying or could be implying or even might be thinking when you are posting).

I realize that this is not a nice post from me, I am tired ... I can do nice post, even take time to make them ...

But right now I would like Relic to Also consider 4vs4 : (new) balanced maps (and/or more vetoes) or the returns of old time favorites (route n13, montargis ...), random starting locations for new challenges, soviets are almost balanced but the only diversity they can get is from the commanders, US army is good at the start of a game, but you are forced to do the same thing over and over again (no diversity) and go for a quick win or you are most certainly doom (no late game units, specially hard in 4vs4). Pershing, Calliope, Rangers ...

I was looking at the most played games on the Internet. Most of them are team based. Is this not worth something ? From a commercial point of view, would you not rather have 8 players (and game licenses) during every match than just 2 ? It's a bit silly as an argument, but I make it anyway. With the current state of the game, it's no wonder that the allied queue in 4vs4 is almost empty. I am sure axis players would enjoy shorter waiting time and a good challenge, even if the matchs should last longer. And if it was more balanced I would also play on the axis side (for now in 4vs4) and used the war spoils I am guetting. But right now, playing axis in 4vs4 is just unfair. I don't have fun stomping allied players considering that I am not an experienced axis player.

Some of you have asked why I keep coming back on the allied side. For the challenge. But too often, I feel like a "faire Valoir", some kind of a punching ball to make axis players happy. This can only last for so long. Americans needs to get reworked, and diversity added, even if it's through new commanders (yes I will buy them to support Relic even if I think that it's not the good way to balance the game. Commanders should be icing on the cake, not the cake itself). And I have to admit that there are not that many good games around. I've been playing COH since the first game and all of its iterations. COHO is the one I missed most. Yes it was not balanced, and probably never would have. But the fun factor was high, it was addictive, and both sides could do crazy strategies and had OP units.

Despite the sour tone of this post, I think that Relic will improved the game. Maybe it will be with the release of Ardennes Assaul and a new patch. I sure hope it ... Just don't take too long.
16 Oct 2014, 01:33 AM

Relic is probably holding everything off until the movie fury comes out xD

Just a guess I doubt it.

16 Oct 2014, 01:49 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 19:16 PMRomeo
Rereading this thread every three days sure is fun

A simple "hey guys we are working hard on the release of Ardennes Assault and there will be fixes." from Relic would alleviate the forum from the constant new posts... but they won't/don't so the community is pissed. It's pretty simple really.
16 Oct 2014, 02:10 AM

A simple "hey guys we are working hard on the release of Ardennes Assault and there will be fixes." from Relic would alleviate the forum from the constant new posts... but they won't/don't so the community is pissed. It's pretty simple really.

"Hey guys we are working hard on the release of Ardennes Assault and there will be fixes."

I think even if they say it, the community would still be mad since they'vs said something in a similiar fashion(They don't really mean the same thing but they sound almost the same).

"Hey guys, we're very excited......"
"We're committed to making COH2 a great game"

See it?

If they said it not much difference will be made.
16 Oct 2014, 02:30 AM

I think the lack of communication is due to the mid-term elections, youfeelmebro :P
16 Oct 2014, 04:29 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Ah yes, that would work

You mean when they streamed Observer Mode, which "The Community" had been asking for for ever, and next to no one appreciated that and wanted to talk about balance and bugs?

Or when everyone complained about PTW commanders, so they made everything go by random drop in war spoils and people complained about that too?

Things could be better, but I understand that "The Community" is fickle and entitled, and, to be blunt, doesn't represent most players
16 Oct 2014, 06:53 AM

Ah yes, that would work

You mean when they streamed Observer Mode, which "The Community" had been asking for for ever, and next to no one appreciated that and wanted to talk about balance and bugs?

Or when everyone complained about PTW commanders, so they made everything go by random drop in war spoils and people complained about that too?

Things could be better, but I understand that "The Community" is fickle and entitled, and, to be blunt, doesn't represent most players

This. The negativity of some people on this forums is just sad.
16 Oct 2014, 07:17 AM
Patrion 27

Ah yes, that would work

Everyone talked about bugs because, currently, they are utterly game-breaking.

The drop system is half-assed and bulletins have a negilbale effect on gameplay, not to mention we STILL don't have any clear answers on duplicates and which bulletins are bugged (test Sturmtiger reload and mortar cooldowns... pointless.)

Things HAVE been better and there used to be less bugs and issues before WFA.
16 Oct 2014, 07:52 AM

There is a new disease. This is the "monthly patch" syndrom. So what if they will not release a patch this month? At list people have some time to shape their strategies.
Don't you think is tiring to rethink your strategy every single month, taking into account what units you should use more often and what units you should avoid building?
I don't play every single day, but even if I would, it would still be hard to find new solutions and combos again and again.
Sometimes I think they better grant COH2 some stability, no matter how bad the balance would be. Probably there were times in the past when this game was in a better balance state than today, but this crazy patching ruined it again and again.
I remember good old COH1. There were balance problems of course, and patches came slow, one at 6 months, maybe even slower. But no matter how bad was the balance, players still found solutions, because they had time. Now, after one hour or two after a new patch is released, whiners are crowding in forum raging about how bad is the balance and how shitty their former combos are now. This will never bring balance. This will just bring chaos.
16 Oct 2014, 08:11 AM

They said they are working on Ardennes Assault but they promised no fixes MVGame
16 Oct 2014, 08:19 AM

Had "the community" really been asking for it? Most mentions of wanting it I ever saw came from Ami and Rogers and a few other in the casting community, and the vast majority of them have already left the game at this point.

For me it just represents resources wasted on a feature I don't want instead of bug fixes that would vastly improve the quality of play. I realize that Relic as a relatively small developer does not have the resources to do everything, which is why I dislike it when those resources are used on a very marginal feature like this.
16 Oct 2014, 08:19 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2014, 07:52 AMJohnnyB
There is a new disease. This is the "monthly patch" syndrom. So what if they will not release a patch this month?

jepp I guess to AA release, there will be a big patch. So we will see the next patch on 11.18.14 :sealed:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 57
Poland 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment