Login

russian armor

Allies 2v2 Strategies

4 Oct 2014, 00:31 AM

Has anyone got any good 2v2 strategies for mixed allies that would like to share, no need for build orders just general over all strategies that work against mixed axis and double okw and double ost.

4 Oct 2014, 00:41 AM

As Soviet: ISU. Always ISU. Harass their fuel with shocks and spam demos. As an alternative you can go b4 to counter Jagdtiger/Elefant.

As US: Go for Priest or Jackson-standart-shit.

Get their fuel or try to win by vp. Never split up and always attack together. Sorry but thats the only thing Alles currently can do.
4 Oct 2014, 00:52 AM

I have some experience playing with both US and Soviet in 2v2.

When soviet I usually go for T1 into T4 or T3.

T1 for m3 to kill kunbel and displace Hmgs, T4 for fast Kathy usually with a T34-85 doctrine or IS-2, if I go T3 that means either ML-20, B4, ISU or IS2 doctrines

Don't really like T2 opening I prefer the m3 mobility and the penal dps boost in the early game don't care much for sniper either, may back tech to T2 later for At guns if facing Jagdtiger/elephant anything else can be handled with SU-85 or call in tanks

As for US strats depend a lot on doctrine choice, but usually have to get LT for M-20 to kill kunbel unless you have mechanized and get the jeep at 1 cp that's about when you start to tech for LT so you skip LT and go straight for Captain and later major.

If you only have the stock doctrines, on big open maps its either airborne or infantry for the LMG close quarter can be armor or airborne you can put thompsons on paratroopers.

In my opinion light vehicles play a very big role in the US early and mid game

Hope this helps in anyway
4 Oct 2014, 01:13 AM

for soviets, t1 t2 brought me much success. be careful with your scout cars, 2x cons 1x penals and snipers, then AT guns to maxims or mortars.

burn them with scout car penals, dont move in if you dont know what they have, you dont want to send ur scout car into an early fiery death to schrecks. cons under green cover beat charging volks/sturmpios, they only lose to lmg grens. then drag out to heavy tanks and supplement ur forces with 1-2 shocks/guards.

heavy on the infantry, but with the current meta of luch rush, many people wont go that light arty gun for the okw to counter your set up teams.
4 Oct 2014, 04:13 AM

The sole determining factor for me when playing USF is how bad I think the tank pathing is on the given map. If it's open with little clutter, I'll go infantry or Airborne. Otherwise, E8s are the go-to armour on the cluttered maps.
4 Oct 2014, 06:40 AM

Axis now have stronger early game and usualy late game. You must win in middle game and end game before 13CP. Longer game versus equal oponent you lost.

I go paratroopers, T2 + M-20, T4 + Jacksons. 2 para AT guns and 2 pathfinders for spot.
4 Oct 2014, 08:09 AM

ok, here are some of my perspectives as a 2v2 OKW player, and what gives me troubles in the late game:

1. B fucking 4s. This doctrine is pretty strong imo, gives you access to shock troops, a long infantry buff, recon, a kv1 for your fuel dump, and the b4. b4 completely destroys everything, just one lucky shot hitting vet squads can completely turn the game.

2. M20 anti tank mines. if unprepared, can immobilize valuable axis tanks, and combined with the p47 strafe is a guaranteed dead tank.

3. P47 strafe. I cannot have tanks in the AoE or else theyll take massive damage and probably get destroyed

4. Scot HMC, it deals extremely good damage to infantry, counters vet infantry very well and has a tendency to snipe obers and grenadiers rather effectively

5. ZiS barrage. needs a bit of skill and luck, but zis barrages are really powerful with potential to deal tons of model kills.

6. I&R pathfinder artillery barrage, anything caught in the aoe is gonna die or take huge ass damage.

7. Massed jacksons. completely destroys most axis vehicle superiority, only the Jagdtiger, pak43, and aggressive pak40s can beat this.

8. unit preservation. pretty basic but i see a lot of players lose squads fairly early in the game which sets them back a lot.

edit: 9. recrewed axis support weapons, theyre fucking strong.
4 Oct 2014, 13:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Everything lemon said
5 Oct 2014, 06:00 AM
Patrion 27

My 2v2 pal and I usually go double Soviet and I am addicted to Terror Doctrine. Propaganda Overflight on reckless OKW blobbers then Katushya + Howitzer barrage on their heal truck is so fun.

I think the B4 commander is the best overall choice for the Soviet commander unless you go for ISU.

We have also had some success with double Penal spam against any combo of Axis 2v2 teams.

Sorry if this doesn't help at all... I think US is just not worth it unless you really like playing as them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★