Login

russian armor

Would COH2.org hold a 4vs4 tournement ?

22 Sep 2014, 20:44 PM

I think this would be a waste of time. At least until the game gets fixed for the factions are in a horrible state and 4v4 would just be an insanely stupid spamfest.

It's quite the opposite goal we target. That would bring the spotlight on the worst imbalances. we would all laugh seeing them and maybe Relic would fix them. Its would be an exhibition event, not a cutthroat competitive one. It should be serious enough cause those people are proud

And i don't think the pros would mindlessly spamfest, it rather a lack of respect to think that they would do that.

Teams also would need to play both sides (Axis and Allies) once.

Have some hope friend, we have all of our love for COH2 in common.

22 Sep 2014, 20:46 PM

Balance in current patch just too bad for any serious 4v4 games. 3 Axis + Ai probably stomp 4 Allies considering equal skill levels.
22 Sep 2014, 20:52 PM

I'll think about it.
22 Sep 2014, 20:55 PM

First of all, the said top 10 players are 1v1 players. Oh the irony...1v1 players to make 4v4's popular. Why not take the top 10 - 30 4v4 players then? oh wait :foreveralone:

Secondly, 4v4 streams are both a pain to watch and to cast let alone analyze.
And the whole thing is extremely difficult to organize.

We need to create momentum, yes, but i dont think this is the way to go.
Its way too hard to organize and execute, and the majority prefers to watch 1v1's / 2v2's anyway.

Why do you think that the majority would prefer to watch 1vs1 and 2vs2? Back in the days when Krebs was casting large team games he had more viewers than any other shoutcaster.

Would you disagree with that most people start playing this game with their friends or at the very least trying out multiplayer with team games first? Or do you think people just find this game, buy it and then just start spamming 1vs1 games? And if this game was balanced for 1vs1 and 2vs2 only, why would they even include 3vs3 and 4vs4? It would be something like shooting yourself in the foot since you are offering a very low quality game mode while trying to sell this game as a whole.

Of course they consider 3vs3 and 4vs4 when they balance the game.

And since you dismiss everything that got something to do with the word "team", how do you suggest we create a momentum for this game so we can increase the player base and in the longer run the quality of this game?
22 Sep 2014, 20:56 PM

Thank a lot Kreatiir, i will respect you decision.
22 Sep 2014, 20:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2014, 20:46 PMJadame!
Balance in current patch just too bad for any serious 4v4 games. 3 Axis + Ai probably stomp 4 Allies considering equal skill levels.

Teams would have to play both sides Axis and Allies as well.
Thanks for your comments.
22 Sep 2014, 21:07 PM

I'd be willing to help in any way I can, if this tournament goes ahead (and if you need my help with anything)
22 Sep 2014, 21:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think it will be very hard to get enough players in the right time zone.
22 Sep 2014, 22:04 PM

Well, 2 PM Pacific Time would be 11 PM Central European time and everything in between would have a good time to play. Preferably a saturday? Nothing is impossible.

I WANT TO SEE ROMEOS P47s CRASH ON A MEDIC TRUCK! :snfBarton:
22 Sep 2014, 23:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

It's easy to ask for the world, but the shipping cost is huge.

I've been a long-time fan of 3v3 and 4v4. The logistics of forming a tournament are a nightmare, and the game is pathetically one-sided in large game modes.

I'm really pessimistic about the idea. The thought of subjecting oneself to Allied 4v4 against equally skilled opponents is not a pleasant one.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★