Login

russian armor

Starting side for each nationality now fixed?

19 Sep 2014, 06:26 AM

Why does each map have a soviet, and german side now? It use to be random.

Not like there is a huge amount of maps anyway, and starting on a random side of the map mixed things up a bit. Rostruv the soviets always start on the broken side at the top for example.

Also, why are there 3, 4, 5 + kubels sat outside soviet base (almost) in the first 90 seconds in every game.

Thankings
19 Sep 2014, 07:22 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

In my experience, there are no fixed sides. I've played every faction on every side.

Kubel spam is really strong, thats why.
19 Sep 2014, 08:24 AM

On the loading screen the map now shows numbers 1 through 8 (assuming biggest game mode) over spawn positions. Since Allies are always on the left side of the loading screen, they always get the numbers 1 through 4. I'm not sure if the numbers ever switch sides.
If they don't, an example would be Axis always getting the good spawn on Rostov because those spawns are 5-8.
19 Sep 2014, 08:27 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Hmm.. interesting
19 Sep 2014, 08:28 AM

Those numbers always existed, but are only now being displayed in the loading screen (Before you could only see them if you selected set locationsduring custom battles). For ranked matches they are always set to random starting locations which will randomize sides and base location.

In other words, nothing has changed guys. It's just showing you where the bases are now.
19 Sep 2014, 09:58 AM
Patrion 14

Well the fact they only show when you select fixed locations implies that locations are now fixed in automatch
19 Sep 2014, 12:19 PM

On Rostov i always spawn at the bad side.
19 Sep 2014, 12:35 PM

19 Sep 2014, 16:01 PM

Whilst I have indeed played both sides of every map in the past. The last 30 + games or so have had the soviets on the same side each time (recent patch maybe?)

South (away from city) in Lienne Forest
South in La Gleize
West in Lanzarreth Amush
West in Rhez Winter
South East in Steppes
West in City 17
North in Faceoff at Rostrov (thanks relic :))
South in Lazur Factory

By north I am assuming top of the map as there are no indications of directions.

I will now start a game and see if I get egg on my face
19 Sep 2014, 16:31 PM
Donator 33

It does seem to be fixed positions now - I just played about 50 games.
19 Sep 2014, 16:36 PM

Whilst I have indeed played both sides of every map in the past. The last 30 + games or so have had the soviets on the same side each time (recent patch maybe?)

South (away from city) in Lienne Forest
South in La Gleize
West in Lanzarreth Amush
West in Rhez Winter
South East in Steppes
West in City 17
North in Faceoff at Rostrov (thanks relic :))
South in Lazur Factory

By north I am assuming top of the map as there are no indications of directions.

I will now start a game and see if I get egg on my face

Yes this is what I have experienced. Perhaps Allies and Axis are locked into positions
19 Sep 2014, 16:54 PM

2 Further

South in Lienne Forests
South east in steppes

Thanks for input, yes it does appear to be broken then.
19 Sep 2014, 17:37 PM

Yes it is unfortunate because some of the maps are unbalanced.
19 Sep 2014, 22:28 PM

Another kick in the face of Soviets. Thanks relic.
20 Sep 2014, 14:08 PM
Donator 11

Seems like that....BOOOORING!

>:( Please activate random again.
20 Sep 2014, 17:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I was happy that we saw starting positions on the map

I am not happy that this now means less variety and that certain maps will be even more unbalanced than before.

I am really unhappy that this was not announced

Why are Allies going to bother playing Rostov anymore?
21 Sep 2014, 09:53 AM

I've had that feeling too, since last patch.

Not only that, but player positionning seems a bit odd too, I'm found myself in the same place most of the time : Upper-Right on Semois (not once on the left), Upper-left on City 17 and Rzhev (not once on the right), upper-right on Oka River (not once on the left) although I rarely end up in the center, maybe it has something to do with player's names ? (positionned by alphabetical order ? Given my name starts with a C, more often than not I'm first in the alphabetical order)

Just a theory though, could be wrong, maybe just a statistical coincidence.
27 Sep 2014, 17:58 PM

Any chance you can fix this RELIC, removing 50% of the map options seems a bit silly.
27 Sep 2014, 18:02 PM

I've had that feeling too, since last patch.

Not only that, but player positionning seems a bit odd too, I'm found myself in the same place most of the time : Upper-Right on Semois (not once on the left), Upper-left on City 17 and Rzhev (not once on the right), upper-right on Oka River (not once on the left) although I rarely end up in the center, maybe it has something to do with player's names ? (positionned by alphabetical order ? Given my name starts with a C, more often than not I'm first in the alphabetical order)

Just a theory though, could be wrong, maybe just a statistical coincidence.

Yes this is annoying, I am always on the very right or centre right of the map in team games. Imagine how much fun I have in Lienne Forest.....
27 Sep 2014, 18:28 PM

Those numbers always existed, but are only now being displayed in the loading screen (Before you could only see them if you selected set locationsduring custom battles). For ranked matches they are always set to random starting locations which will randomize sides and base location.

In other words, nothing has changed guys. It's just showing you where the bases are now.

Those number existed in custom games when you selected fixed starting positions. Those numbers never changed.

Automatch used to have fixed starting positions off. Now they are on, and allies are always the low numbers, and axis are always the high numbers. So on Langreskya, Allies always spawn north. On Kholodney Ferma, Allies always spawn east. On Semoisky, Allies spawn south-west etc etc.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★