Login

russian armor

A Quick Note For The COH2.org Community

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
19 Sep 2014, 00:03 AM
Honorary Member Badge

http://www.coh2.org/replay/24184/esports
http://www.coh2.org/replay/24250/me-breaking...brad.

Basically Breaking Brad being a dick ingame and on the forums

Tnx
19 Sep 2014, 00:23 AM
Patrion 15

Even if the players wrote bad words as a Relic employee insulting your clients is not really the smartest thing to do specially when the last patch made some people angry at the state of balance.

A lot of people are saying that Kubelwagon is OP and a Relic employee abuses them versus players who bought their game and are waiting for Relic to balance the game. In my opinion this isn't the best face Relic could show to the community.

19 Sep 2014, 00:45 AM

Permanently Banned
This has nothing to do with Relic "abusing" strats. They are playtesting the game, I sure hope that they exploit every single thing in existence to then realize that it needs to be fixed.

The problem is the insult in the 2nd replay. Brad was right that his opponent was behaving like an asshole, however that is something that a Relic employee should never actually express.

In the end, the person who represents a company will be in trouble, and it doesent really matter if it was justified or not.
19 Sep 2014, 00:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2014, 00:23 AMwillyto
Even if the players wrote bad words as a Relic employee insulting your clients is not really the smartest thing to do specially when the last patch made some people angry at the state of balance.

A lot of people are saying that Kubelwagon is OP and a Relic employee abuses them versus players who bought their game and are waiting for Relic to balance the game. In my opinion this isn't the best face Relic could show to the community.

OR the said employee could be testing the strategy in a live ambient of gaming ("the automatch lands"), instead of the conforting closed quarters of Relic. Is the said unit OP? The strategy goes as easy as the screaming community says it does? Does it tip the scales? It's best to test this with some real brawling.

Maybe he could be stressed out. AFAIK, the other player did insult him. Who knows what's going on in his life? That does not justify the insulting, but the dude deserves a warning, not burning alive at the stake.

Edit: forgot the quote
19 Sep 2014, 00:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2014, 00:45 AMI<444>3CoH
This has nothing to do with Relic "abusing" strats. They are playtesting the game, I sure hope that they exploit every single thing in existence to then realize that it needs to be fixed.

The problem is the insult in the 2nd replay. Brad was right that his opponent was behaving like an asshole, however that is something that a Relic employee should never actually express.

In the end, the person who represents a company will be in trouble, and it doesent really matter if it was justified or not.

So, what about a mute button? Brad sure would use it :P
19 Sep 2014, 00:50 AM
Donator 11

I love drama.
19 Sep 2014, 01:03 AM

Damn some players here are some sensitive drama Queens.
Losing their tits over some trolling and rage.
That happens in nearly every game and seems like a typical asset of a coh player.
If anything it truly shows that breaking Brad is ONE OF US.
19 Sep 2014, 01:22 AM

http://www.coh2.org/replay/24184/esports
http://www.coh2.org/replay/24250/me-breaking...brad.

Basically Breaking Brad being a dick ingame and on the forums

But seriously, not the best way to represent Relic. It is good though that Relic is play testing stuff.
19 Sep 2014, 01:38 AM

People found their scapegoat / whipping boy for their balance concerns, and heres the dramatic resulttttt
19 Sep 2014, 01:46 AM

OR the said employee could be testing the strategy in a live ambient of gaming ("the automatch lands"), instead of the conforting closed quarters of Relic. Is the said unit OP? The strategy goes as easy as the screaming community says it does? Does it tip the scales? It's best to test this with some real brawling.

Maybe he could be stressed out. AFAIK, the other player did insult him. Who knows what's going on in his life? That does not justify the insulting, but the dude deserves a warning, not burning alive at the stake.

Edit: forgot the quote
If he's testing out a unit/strat, maybe he should tell his opponent first? Just curious why he doesn't do that.

"Hey. I'm gonna test out this unit/strat just to see if it's OP/UP or not. So do understand why I'm doing this."

Could say something like what I have shown above.
19 Sep 2014, 02:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2014, 01:46 AMsteel
If he's testing out a unit/strat, maybe he should tell his opponent first? Just curious why he doesn't do that.

"Hey. I'm gonna test out this unit/strat just to see if it's OP/UP or not. So do understand why I'm doing this."

Could say something like what I have shown above.

I don't think that a test would go as intended if u open it with a disclaimer. The opponent will react accordingly ("K, I won't play as if I know what u r doin'" is not a expected reaction). The best way is just playing as if it's a normal game in automatch.

Again, a mute button or command can avoid any provocation with flaming or name-calling
19 Sep 2014, 02:05 AM

Can people stop being derps in this thread and start acting civil. This is a serious issue that needs to be examined with careful and thoughtful input from all. Thank you for reaching out and alerting the community Cynthia to this issue you plan to hopefully resolve.
19 Sep 2014, 02:16 AM

I did not expect that reply from VonIvan at all. :) I think this is a good time to reflect how the community interacts with Relic.
4 of 13 Relic postsRelic 19 Sep 2014, 02:55 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2014, 02:16 AMNapalm
I did not expect that reply from VonIvan at all. :) I think this is a good time to reflect how the community interacts with Relic.

We hold ourselves to a high standard, and are reviewing how we meet those standards internally.

But we also very much support our coworkers and employees.

In addition to our interactions with the community, we will also be reviewing our policies regarding how we internally support Relic staff that are on the receiving end of harassment. The bottom line is that EVERYONE needs to treat each other with respect.
5 of 13 Relic postsRelic 19 Sep 2014, 02:58 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2014, 00:23 AMwillyto

Completely agree, and this is why we took to the forums to let you guys know that we also feel this way.
19 Sep 2014, 03:07 AM

The bottom line is that EVERYONE needs to treat each other with respect.

This right here. It's goes on both sides...Respect each other if you want respect back. Can't just expect Relic to police their own while people constantly take jabs at them. They are engaged with the community and are working hard on trying to balance the game. Provide constructive criticism, that's how we move in the right direction...
19 Sep 2014, 03:49 AM

Honestly, i see no issue with BCBrads behavior. He's obligated to try and exploit everything people scream imba about. It's better for relic to balance based on actual experience than mass opinion. He maybe isn't a paragon of politeness, but he's not even close to the level of some players in the community. #TRIPLEATOXIC
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS