Login

russian armor

State of the Game

17 Sep 2014, 10:50 AM

I know balance topics dominate these forums, but has anyone noticed how much better COH2 playh than it did in the past.

Im not sure exactly what relic did but the physics, and effects look so much better and unit response ( especially pivoting on the spot and firing) and animations have also improved

I think if patches like this keep coming out then COH2 will go from great to vCOH level.

I still think there are many issues with the core game - autocapping, too much resources and pop cap being 100% as well as a general lack of damage tables and Armour types which really make it more like sledgehammer blows to balance when a scalpel is needed and lastly silly and frequent squad wipes from mines and heavy vehicles.

Apart from that the game has improved and I really like where its going so congratulations to relic they really got their stuff together recently.

Before you had to fight the controls of the game as much as the enemy and that has improved a fair bit and its feeling a lot more high quality then it has before.
17 Sep 2014, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 10:50 AMHS King
has anyone noticed how much better COH2 playh than it did in the past

it seems like no one have noticed, from my view the insane shitstorm of balanceing threads, hate and bashing agains relic is really intense right now. Even more than the times when mg42's were unflankable and soviet meta of fast firing unkillable soviet snipers backed upp with unflankable su85's that outreversed a forward driving p4.

I guess people standards have grown since then. Now if theres one unit overperforming slightly the whole Community goes apeshit and threaten to uninstall or leave the game for good.

Or Another theory could be that most people already left and only the hardcores remain
17 Sep 2014, 11:37 AM

Vcoh and coh looks kind of funny these days, but sure, soon coh2 will be as good as vcoh :)

Coh2 is the best rts I played and people giving it so much shit comes from that they like the game. But time will come when it gets a lot of credit, that is when people get some distance to it. Coh2 at the moment is in its best state ever.

What was it I gave for this game? 20 euros? 30? Got 1200 hours at the moment and stil counting.
17 Sep 2014, 12:10 PM

"It's only a game why you hef to be mad" :D Maybe i losse 70% of my 4vs 4 games as Allies but despite that i am still having fun.
17 Sep 2014, 12:16 PM

I would love physics, animations, effects etc but optimization sucks so much.... My laptop can handle Skyrim, diablo 3,dark souls 2 at very high, yet I have to use the lowest for coh 2 because at medium I got fps crash when something heavy hits the ground.
17 Sep 2014, 12:24 PM

I would love physics, animations, effects etc but optimization sucks so much.... My laptop can handle Skyrim, diablo 3,dark souls 2 at very high, yet I have to use the lowest for coh 2 because at medium I got fps crash when something heavy hits the ground.

plus 1
17 Sep 2014, 12:26 PM

Optimization > looks. +1
17 Sep 2014, 12:32 PM

I agree - but I think its running a bit better these days and looks better. Well for me, so I think they did some small changes
17 Sep 2014, 12:44 PM
Donator 33

Meh it looks and runs the same as it first did to me. Agree with the sentiment though - it's a very fun game when you get a decent matchup. Soon to become my most played game on steam (Civ5 devs why you no fix game for 10 months?)

Gorgeous too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 79
Poland 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak