Login

russian armor

USF standard strats

15 Sep 2014, 14:27 PM

Permanently Banned
Hey,

after playing quite a few 1v1s as USF lately I realized that I often just build units and get upgrades randomly or cannot even decide what to get. Coupled with the fact that my US playstyle seems to be quite different from how others play the faction I thought I'd ask for some strategical advice:

Can you list some "cookie-cutter" strats, one for facing OKW and one when facing Wehrmacht?

The only things i do repeatedly right now are:

-Not getting any weapon upgrade for rifles, but grenades quite often
(I dont feel that bars or bazookas give me an advantage that justifies their cost/drawbacks)

-Going airborne when facing OKW, because I feel that paratroopers equipped with Lmgs are the best (/most simple) answer to Obersoldaten + the flexibility of the commander + rocket strafe awesomeness

-Investing all my fuel in 1-2 shermans and then jacksons to win armor engagements.

I throw one light vehicle into the mix here and there too.

Im also often having trouble with deciding wether to get a leutnant or captain
15 Sep 2014, 14:55 PM

Very simple. Get 3-4 rifles. And than decide. If osteer you can freely go leutnant if okw go captain to instantly prepare for puma or even p2. Than decide use m1919 and get jackson spam or get captain > stuart > jackson spam or get 3 rifles at the start + assault engy and get captain + stuart > leutnant or wait for m10's and sherman buildozers
16 Sep 2014, 09:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 14:27 PMI<444>3CoH
Hey,

after playing quite a few 1v1s as USF lately I realized that I often just build units and get upgrades randomly or cannot even decide what to get. Coupled with the fact that my US playstyle seems to be quite different from how others play the faction I thought I'd ask for some strategical advice:

Can you list some "cookie-cutter" strats, one for facing OKW and one when facing Wehrmacht?

The only things i do repeatedly right now are:

-Not getting any weapon upgrade for rifles, but grenades quite often
(I dont feel that bars or bazookas give me an advantage that justifies their cost/drawbacks)

-Going airborne when facing OKW, because I feel that paratroopers equipped with Lmgs are the best (/most simple) answer to Obersoldaten + the flexibility of the commander + rocket strafe awesomeness

-Investing all my fuel in 1-2 shermans and then jacksons to win armor engagements.

I throw one light vehicle into the mix here and there too.

Im also often having trouble with deciding wether to get a leutnant or captain

If you have the mechanized company commander you can try this build order its worked fine for me so far

http://www.coh2.org/replay/24171/finaly-a-victory-with-mechanized-commander-for-us

1v1 vs Osteer

3RF>>Grenade(if you spot MGs (smoke is awsome))/Bar if you spot lot grenadiers with LMG >> Military truck (put one rifle squad in it use it to prevent recaps in areas where you dont have presence) >> LT
>> put him in military truck now for close quarters he is very effective in military truck >> M20/AA HT Choice is yours depending on map control >> withdraw and refit the military truck if its still alive
>> if you have upper hand call in M3 research flames on Ass engies immediately and put lieutenant in it >> call in recon flight and plan your M3 attack path so that you can surprise the AT crew with flames u might take panser foust hit but m3 can survive, if he does mass retreat seeing flaming truck call in recon flight again put in artillery strike on his base . If you manged this far you have already got round 70% map control :) choice is yours withdraw and refit M3 get your fuel back get in some Shermans and M8. to finish him off :)

1v1 vs OKW
3RF>>grenades as you need smoke to scare away the pesky kubels >> Military truck and be very very aggresive as he will start getting shrek as soon as he sees it once you get map control immedialty withdraw and refit the truck as its useless after volks get panzer get you 20 fuel back and go captain, so with limited forces your MP shoudld recharge quicker but you will start loosing territory perform tactical retreat giving away your position slowly he might reveal what light armor he has , research bazzokas nevertheless you should have atelast 1 ammo cahce to supplement this by now and one fighting positon possibly in ammunition cap. hold back till you call in a M3 HT put captian in it and put a rifle man tiwh 2 bazzokas so you have 4 bazooka M3 HT waiting to kill his light tank. research flame on ass engies send them to cap some point back and call in recon flight to see where his armor is and rush your M3 plan an effective path 4 bazooka in M3 can make short work of Puma or Luchs if you catch them from side or rear once you take there armor if m3 survies head stratight for his supply truck if its in middle of map and harass him.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★