Login

russian armor

Osteer tough early game ???

11 Sep 2014, 05:37 AM

Hey guys, I have just played a couple 4v4 games and for what ever reason Osteer Seem really weak in T0 and T1 is there any specific reason for this? Im not a pro by any means but I love this game, but I havnt played for a few weeks because the game was getting a bit stail for me. I usually play OKW right now but Osteer is still my fav. I usually rely on grens getting me through the beginning nastiness but they were shiet tonight ??? I couldn't kill a damn thing with there mgs. I don't mind the MG42 except it kept turning around and facing the wrong way lol wtf ? but even the MG 42 cant do any damage (it just suppresses nicely) and the mortar..... well its the mortar lol.

Has something changed? Has the Meta changed ? Im freakin out, cause I feel I can do well if I get into late game but the guys I played were nothing special except I couldn't seem to any damage. Tried the armored car but it got wrecked by shocks.... damn body armor lol. tried PG but they weren't very exciting but did more damage then the Grens. The only thing that wrecked wholesale was my Paks which always do good......but they kept not going where I wanted them.

What the heck happened was there a patch ?....if so I feel stupid for not checking :blush:. But also advice cause Osteer feels awful early game right now. :help:

Any constructive thoughts are welcome as to rectify my issues.
11 Sep 2014, 05:41 AM

Ostheer is the weakest, no matter early or late, it could be a good supporting faction serving OKW though.

Its only saving grace is its Tiger I.
11 Sep 2014, 05:46 AM

Yep, saw that too. Reading patch notes I had the impresion Ostheer is the big winner of the patch, but that was quickly proved wrong. Weak early game, those grenadiers cannot fight not even against chickens anymore.
11 Sep 2014, 06:00 AM

hmg=>gren=>2nd hmg/mortar(depends on map)=>2nd hmg/2nd mortar(hello ettelbruck)/2nd gren=>2nd and 3rd gren. Then upgrade engies with flamers and tech to bf1 if you feel like you need lmgs on grens asap, otherwise just spam 3+ fuel cashes. By 10-12m go bf2, build double p4 and kill everything.

If you failed to kill everything go assault support, spam opel trucks whenever you got free mp, prioritize ammo points, then spam strafes every time you see huge blob to pin it forever, finish game with tigers.

If Axis have at least 1 fuel point they going to win no matter what coz okw beyond op in 4v4.

11 Sep 2014, 18:22 PM

the general coh2 trope is that allied factions have stronger early game units, but axis factions have stronger late game units.

So allied generally want to secure a quick victory before panthers/tigers/elephants start getting called in, and axis are trying to hold out and build up their tech to try and get in to the late game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★