Login

russian armor

Rifle blobs

10 Sep 2014, 13:27 PM

Am I the only one who feels that rifle blobs are now stronger than they were before? I just had a game where my supported vet 3 MG 42 was completely frontal overrun by a blob of doom. As Ostheer you basically have zero infantry in early and mid game to counter this.

In 2 vs 2:

- vs double Ostheer: Freewin. You just overrun everything and cut off their important points as early as you can and you don't have to fear any tanks in the late game (maybe they get 1 or 2 but this doesn't matter). Your inf will also beat them everytime. I tried PG's, Sturmtroopers, Grens... nothing worked.

- vs Ostheer/OKW: You only real enemy is the OKW player but only sturmpios and later inf (Fallschirmjäger, etc.) will harm you. It's not big problem since you will not see many sturmpios. OKW has generally small capping power so on the long run you will get the upper hand.

- vs double OKW: didn't see this yet, but won't be that difficult for sure.

I understand that USA need an early game advantage, but this just results also in a late game advantage because the axis players will never get some fuel and mun for the late game.
This is my opinion, I don't care if you want to turn this in a "but germans are op after this patch!" thread.
10 Sep 2014, 15:02 PM

I tried to play a bit 2v2 with double Ostheer yesterday, meeting double americans. I tried assault grenadiers with MG42 start, support with standart grenadiers and another MG42. First i win first 2 engagements, but after that i was overrun by horde of rifles. (I just start with playing 2v2)
I dont know, for me it feels bit hopeless, should I rush Scout car? Build some clever positioned bunker fast? Or just try Osttruppen (used them with some success yesterday in lol 4v4 games), but I dont see if that could actually work?
10 Sep 2014, 15:22 PM

Permanently Banned
If playing as Ostheer, try using a sniper. Even if they have the Mechanized commander, just keep a gren with him. It works like a charm and completely devastates USF players. Of course, it's map dependent, but I find Ostheer snipers an excellent choice vs USF.
10 Sep 2014, 15:26 PM

I am tempted to say that US is supposed to be stronger early game and weaker late game and that that means this is just a L2P issue.

But to make one faction weaker early vs the other weaker later is just poor game balance and design. Factions should be balanced (but different) throughout the game.

I become more and more disenchanted with the Relic design team on a daily basis.
10 Sep 2014, 15:36 PM

While playing I had an impression that it is completely opposite.

Good placed and supported HMG can stop blob almost every time and somehow my MG4s seem to gain Vet levels like crazy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 48
unknown 43
Germany 11
Germany 722

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %