Login

russian armor

Fuel or ammo cache for OKW + OST team?

8 Sep 2014, 10:13 AM

OKW can't build any caches and must relay on OST mate in team games to build them. Fuel caches for okw seem like the logical choice because they are fuel strapped by 1/3. However, since OKW can enable ammo to fuel conversion at the mechanized headquarters is it more rewarding to make ammo caches? The reason I wonder, is that for OST players fuel is not as important as ammo (especially early in the game). So in this scenario if you build ammo caches both players gain from the caches.

Do the stats support this? What are your thoughts?
8 Sep 2014, 10:46 AM

In teamgames we build at max 1 muni cache if there are 2 or more wehr players,otherwise all fuel.Depending on muni conversion for OKW is unreliable as usually heal truck is first,and since OKW doesn't get fasty medium armor u want wehr player to get pz 4 to deal with inevitable t-34 harassment or to simply push back us /shock blob.
8 Sep 2014, 12:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Fuel, fuel, fuel in 3v3 and up

Won't comment on 2v2
8 Sep 2014, 14:07 PM

I did some research and it seems having 2 ammo caches with fuel conversion does not give any where near the fuel 2 fuel caches give without conversion.

If the OST player builds 2 ammo caches that's 10 extra ammo per minute (each is 5 per minute). With fuel conversion enabled those 10 extra ammo per minutes will translate to 2.5 fuel. That almost the same income from 1 fuel cache (3 per minute).

The thing I am not sure about is that the fuel conversion description says "Munitions income is reduced by 50%" I guess only half of the extra 10 ammo will be converted to fuel. If that is the case then 2 ammo caches will not help the OKW player much in converting to fuel.
8 Sep 2014, 14:42 PM

I prefer a healthy mix of ammo and fuel points. Having a lot of fuel is nice, but when you are good at armor preservation, or have something like a howitzer in your load-out, then all that extra fuel just stacks up and is useless. Ammo on the other hand is always great; except for when you are playing soviet defensive commander.
8 Sep 2014, 20:12 PM

I prefer a healthy mix of ammo and fuel points. Having a lot of fuel is nice, but when you are good at armor preservation, or have something like a howitzer in your load-out, then all that extra fuel just stacks up and is useless. Ammo on the other hand is always great; except for when you are playing soviet defensive commander.

Fuel is always good for OKW,because the more he has more he can pump the king tiger.And king tiger is the one axis tank soviets fear.
8 Sep 2014, 21:01 PM

Fuel is always good for OKW,because the more he has more he can pump the king tiger.And king tiger is the one axis tank soviets fear.

King Tiger is slow as hell. 2-3 SU-85 (Jacksons) with spot, have a nice day. :)

As OKW i like many munition for 3 shrecks and 2 StG44 for Obers. In team games one member play Luftwafe and drop fuel. :D
8 Sep 2014, 21:04 PM

I personally fear the Jagdtiger more.*

*in team games that is
9 Sep 2014, 04:23 AM
Patrion 28

most people in team games are idiots and assholes to their team mates. they get a heavy tank, or a V, and run it in by itself where it dies. those people really piss me off because they can single handedly lose games and do not help me. sometimes they hurt me because i try to help and just end up bleeding.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★