Login

russian armor

OKW salvage operation.. on an MG!?!!?

6 Sep 2014, 08:00 AM

This just happened to me. I lost an MG squad, then a sturmpioneer comes and salvages it. I thought he building a mine or something at first and the animation was bugged, but then the MG dissapeared.

Are you supposed to be able to do this? Doesn't converting an MG into fuel seem a little weird?
6 Sep 2014, 08:15 AM
Honorary Member Badge

This just happened to me. I lost an MG squad, then a sturmpioneer comes and salvages it. I thought he building a mine or something at first and the animation was bugged, but then the MG dissapeared.

Are you supposed to be able to do this? Doesn't converting an MG into fuel seem a little weird?

OKW have a core ability of salvaging wrecks and team weapons

They even have a commander that makes them better at it

This is supposed to model their late war shortages, and it has already been noted as kind of stupid

http://www.coh2.org/topic/12468/things-i-learnt-about-ww2-from-coh2/post/186658

This is why OKW have reduced fuel income but people often forget this.

Both in games that end up littered with salvage no one takes

And here when people complain about how OKW vehicles are so expensive

This is why my opening OKW build is usually two Kubelwagens

These cost no fuel, and when they die, you can get fuel from salvaging them

If I am playing someone good from OKW I try to avoid giving them salvage
6 Sep 2014, 08:19 AM

1. Yes works as intended
2. Yes it is weird
3. Currently can be bugged, start salvage, than crew the weapon bevor salvage ends. After the weapon is salvaged you have 2 Inf squads. As far as I know that was never patched.
6 Sep 2014, 16:58 PM

actually i would have recrewed the MG if he didnt steal it, he was very quick to the salvage and i coudlnt get there in time.

what other weird things can they salvage? can they salvage functioning vehicles with no crew? ambient vehicle wrecks built in to the map? barbed wire? emplacements?
6 Sep 2014, 17:31 PM

actually i would have recrewed the MG if he didnt steal it, he was very quick to the salvage and i coudlnt get there in time.

what other weird things can they salvage? can they salvage functioning vehicles with no crew? ambient vehicle wrecks built in to the map? barbed wire? emplacements?

They can salvage wrecks from vehicles that were built and destroyed during the match (not pre -existing ones, the ones that are there when the match starts), salvage abandoned vehicles (gives 12 instead of 5 fuel) and salvage abandoned support weapons such as MG's, Mortars and AT Guns..

They however cannot salvage emplacements or wire.
6 Sep 2014, 17:35 PM

Support guns (mg, mortar) armor that was destroyed during match if wreck is still there, abandoned vehicle for 15 fuel i think. U cant salvage wire, lol then i would spam free wire then salvage it :D Same thing for emplacements and... and wreck's that was put there because of map design.

That what @dasheepeh said
6 Sep 2014, 18:59 PM

You can salvage abandoned vehicles , yes . you can also salvage wrecks that are burned out twice ( wrecks that did not explode ) .

There a few wrecks on maps you can salvage . T34 wrecks on maps are salvageable

and there is an atg wreck on la gleize south that is also salvageable
6 Sep 2014, 19:15 PM

This ability to destroy decrewed team weapons in seconds is very potent.
I would rate it almost on par with merge late game
7 Sep 2014, 02:42 AM

Does anyone know if the salvaging crew takes extra received accuracy when they do it? In my experience it seems like the salvaging squad goes down faster than normal when shot at as though they were building or repairing.
7 Sep 2014, 02:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Does anyone know if the salvaging crew takes extra received accuracy when they do it? In my experience it seems like the salvaging squad goes down faster than normal when shot at as though they were building or repairing.

I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but they definitely do take extra received accuracy (or damage) while salvaging.
7 Sep 2014, 03:21 AM

2.0 received accuracy and 3.0 damage received. so they take 6x as much damage. ouch
7 Sep 2014, 03:22 AM

This ability to destroy decrewed team weapons in seconds is very potent.
I would rate it almost on par with merge late game

yeh it strikes me as a very powerful ability. it gives you fuel,and takes a powerful weapon off the field. Instead of having to steal it then retreat your your sturmpios and reinforce them, you can just salvage it, get some fuel, and call it a day.

It does kind of make sense i guess since the okw DOES have reduced fuel income. it just took me by surprise.
7 Sep 2014, 03:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2014, 03:21 AMwooof
2.0 received accuracy and 3.0 damage received. so they take 6x as much damage. ouch

Wow, that is a lot more painful than I expected. It also explains why my sturmpios keep disappearing when I tell them to salvage then look away.
8 Sep 2014, 04:16 AM

is it just me or atm I can't salvage dead Panther tank ?

And also on 1vs1 Fema map if you start on the right side, you have +10 fuels for free thanks to 2 dead T34 tank that spawn with the map :).

Also never salvage underfire. Your man will die very fast.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★