Login

russian armor

Su-76 Spam in 2v2

1 Sep 2014, 20:44 PM

So I am not one to complain, just looking for advice on how to break like 8 su-76's in a 2v2 game.

The soviet player kept babying kats and su 76's and protecting them with Guards Rifles. I tried heavy flanks from armor, infantry pushes and call ins. I could take out a kat or 2 su-76s but couldn't make a big enough dent because the combined fire and rate of fire could put anything down before I could pop smoke.

I am in no way new to this game and I play all factions.

It got to the point where they had less than 50 vp remaining and we have roughly 250 when the combined su-76's could drop a tiger ace in a split second as well as then turn and mince the entire flanking support army.

any idea on how to beat this? I only just encountered this tactic
1 Sep 2014, 20:59 PM

Looks like an awesome "strategy" hahaha

You could try using an Elephant, it one-shots SU76's.
1 Sep 2014, 21:09 PM

Yeah.

Jagdtiger/Elefant one-shot kill the SU-76.

SU-76s are notoriously vulnerable units. They have low health and armor. If you suspect that he's trying to spam you should attempt to cull the herd early with a decisive combined assault early.

Panzergrenadiers with dual Panzershrecks are a good counter to the SU-76 as well. One volley from the squad will kill the SU-76. The SU-76 can't easily protect itself as it's auto-attack is useless against infantry.

A replay would be good. The uh... the SU-76 is not terribly well regarded because it sort of sucks. It's possible your team got way behind early game and the enemy's economic advantage was so huge that any unit would have won them the game. 8 is a lot of SU-76s!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★