Login

russian armor

Tanks Diamond Position

Ase
26 Aug 2014, 14:20 PM

Does somebody know if the diamond position (I suppose that is the english translation) of the tanks works? I know that if you hit a tank in the back or sides you can do more damage but i would like to know just if there is another positions that have damage reduction or so.

Thanks in advance.
26 Aug 2014, 14:51 PM

Sadly no, I still do it out of habit but there is only Front and rear armour on this game and Penetreation is affected mostly by Range and the initial Penetration of the gun and thickness of the tanks armour.

I do believe you take more damage (and ofc penetration and chance of a critical) on a rear armour hit tho.

So if you know you can reliably penetrate your opponent, best idea, keep at max gun range.
26 Aug 2014, 15:11 PM

A penetrating shot on the frontal armour will do the same damage as a penetrating shot on the back armour.

However, for mostall vehicles, the frontal armour is significantly harder to penetrate than the back armour.

The diamond position kind of works due to how side-armour is calculated: Basically, half of the tank's model (the half closest to the front) uses the frontal armour stat of the tank to calculate penetration. The back half of the tank's model uses the behind armour stat to calculate pen. If you angle it correctly, you could in theory expose less of the back end side of your tank and more of the frontal side.
26 Aug 2014, 16:02 PM

It wouldn't help on shells that score a "hit" on your tank as those will hit their target no matter what, but it does protect you a bit from shells using scatter as those will hit any cover or shot blockers in their way instead.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 29
unknown 4
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak