russian armor

HD Pack and graphic tuning

24 Nov 2012, 12:16 PM
24 Nov 2012, 17:59 PM

This looks amazing. Don't tempt me to buy a decent graphics card :/
25 Nov 2012, 09:26 AM

Daam son this looks nice!! Great Job.
26 Nov 2012, 00:25 AM

Big graphical improvement, even on older PC without maximal settings. Thumbs up for Pfffuscher's work.
26 Nov 2012, 15:27 PM

Thanks guys, means a lot to me!

Working a little on the usa stuff. Suppy yard didn't work, I'll change it, shitty 3d modell and only a half texture by relic :/ . Sand bags aren't improved enough in those screens, they will get a real 3d look soon.
props to the guy doing the pre work

26 Nov 2012, 21:28 PM

Wanted to get rid of that strange looking ropes

27 Nov 2012, 15:10 PM
30 Nov 2012, 14:26 PM
30 Nov 2012, 14:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge

hate to say this man, but this is not really how i envisioned my map (Duclair) to look like. The wood looks good, but you went over the top with the ground textures, in my oppinion. It just doesn't look natural anymore.
30 Nov 2012, 14:45 PM

just zoom out.... not my fault the essence engine 1 is so old.

30 Nov 2012, 15:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge

thats not what i am saying, i am just saying that some of your replacements don't fit the original theme anymore. For example, that area you're desplaying should be a sandy working ground, while with your texture replacement it looks like some untouched rock. Who would build a sawmill on a rock?

The texture you made is certainly of high quality, but doesnt fit the scenario. Keep in mind when replacing textures, that they still have to serve the same purpose on the maps they've been used on.

And my second concern is, that your textures are too dominant. Within worldbuilder i have the option to use textures as a basis for my ground painting. Then i add all accents with splats/splines, which are of quite OK quality already in the original engine. The importance of splats is, that you can define accents quite precisely, while textures are unable to be placed precisely and can only be used as "paint".
Now that your texture replacements are so dominant, the precision of the splat accents is gone. What is left is only the big area texture, which is limited to the accents, which you included in your replacement.
You can see this at the road for example, which looks out of place, because the border which i have drawn with a splat is not visible anymore. To some less extend this also counts for the buildings, where the splats i put around it to make it blend into the map are not visible anymore.

Didn't test it on other maps, yet, so i am just speaking of what i see on Duclair.
30 Nov 2012, 16:57 PM

thats not what i am saying, i am just saying that some of your replacements don't fit the original theme anymore. For example, that area you're desplaying should be a sandy working ground, while with your texture replacement it looks like some untouched rock. Who would build a sawmill on a rock?

The texture you made is certainly of high quality, but doesnt fit the scenario. Keep in mind when replacing textures, that they still have to serve the same purpose on the maps they've been used on.

And my second concern is, that your textures are too dominant. Within worldbuilder i have the option to use textures as a basis for my ground painting. Then i add all accents with splats/splines, which are of quite OK quality already in the original engine. The importance of splats is, that you can define accents quite precisely, while textures are unable to be placed precisely and can only be used as "paint".
Now that your texture replacements are so dominant, the precision of the splat accents is gone. What is left is only the big area texture, which is limited to the accents, which you included in your replacement.
You can see this at the road for example, which looks out of place, because the border which i have drawn with a splat is not visible anymore. To some less extend this also counts for the buildings, where the splats i put around it to make it blend into the map are not visible anymore.

Didn't test it on other maps, yet, so i am just speaking of what i see on Duclair.

There's no doubt that your textures are of higher quality, and the work you've put into the mod really shines through, but I'd have to agree with OnkelSam. There's a lot of potential in this; I would suggest you take OnkelSam's criticism constructively, as it was seemingly contrived out of sincerity.
30 Nov 2012, 17:57 PM

Gotta agree with OnkelSam on this as well. The texture replacements should keep in mind the subtleties of the original terrain textures. As it is, the mod reminds of those BR "high def" mods that make things look gaudy.
1 Dec 2012, 23:10 PM

Who would build a sawmill on sand?
2 Dec 2012, 02:42 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Dude, it seems like you take this personal insteasd of constructively, so i better stop giving feedback. Good luck with your project....
2 Dec 2012, 09:28 AM

Na, I just took that with humor.
New G43

2 Dec 2012, 18:40 PM

Who would build a sawmill on sand?

who would build ANYTHING on sand, for that matter? :-D

exactly what i thought... :-P i also took it as a friendly, humorous jab...
3 Dec 2012, 11:55 AM
3 Dec 2012, 16:43 PM

I don't quite understand where to put the data folder.
3 Dec 2012, 18:01 PM

Nowhere to put, start the skininstaller included in the download.
select the coh folder
select the downloaded data folder
start
wait 4 minutes

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak