Login

russian armor

Please give the Flak HT some love

16 Aug 2014, 02:16 AM
16 Aug 2014, 02:19 AM

i'd like to see its suppression removed and have it shoot and feel like a HT with an ostwind gun.

then reduce its deployment time to 1.5secs from 3.
16 Aug 2014, 02:49 AM
Patrion 27

That video is ridic... driving up point blank vs. Lieutenant behind a huge piece of green cover, facing rear armor. L2P :snfBarton:
16 Aug 2014, 02:52 AM

Well, in that video the Flak HT was giving the rear side, at close range and against infantry in green cover.

I don't know what do you expect. It's an half track but you used it like a tank.
16 Aug 2014, 02:53 AM

That video is ridic... driving up point blank vs. Lieutenant behind a huge piece of green cover, facing rear armor. L2P :snfBarton:

That was my lieutenant, btw.

Yes, he drove a flak up rear armor to a lieutenant. I don't think small arms should pen the thing, barring stuff like AP rounds or incendiary mg rounds. There is no way anything similar would happen to American AA HT.

At the moment the Flak HT is almost worthless because its too squishy, too cumbersome with the setup time, and the damage is not potent enough to be a shock unit.
16 Aug 2014, 02:55 AM

Yeah, sorry, I'm in the same boat. It's not a tank. You have to keep your distance from infantry, and use your stronger front armour. The setup time basically means that it's a defensive support unit. Keep it behind your troops and you'll wreak some havoc on your opponent. I mean, it suppressed those guys even though they were behind green cover. I've had squads nearly instantly wiped out by them.
16 Aug 2014, 03:02 AM

Looks pretty op to me, It suppressed the lieutenant, that can't happen, NERF AXIS MOAR RELIC
16 Aug 2014, 03:06 AM

I think the flak HT is in a good place right now. Some might disagree, but I don't think it should be a near equivalent to the American HT, mostly because it's the American HT I feel needs changes.
16 Aug 2014, 03:08 AM

Thanks for the demonstration on how not to use a flak haltrack. This is like asking the panther to be buffed while showing a video of it driving ass forward into 2 T34s.
16 Aug 2014, 03:14 AM

For those that can't read or have trouble using their eyes, it's clearly him as US. Not the one using the Flak HT. The point he is making is that the US AA HT would never have that happen to it because its mobile firing base and instant suppression.

I like the small arms penetration tbh, though. The BAR at that close facing the rear, glad it took off that much health.
16 Aug 2014, 03:40 AM

For those that can't read or have trouble using their eyes, it's clearly him as US. Not the one using the Flak HT. The point he is making is that the US AA HT would never have that happen to it because its mobile firing base and instant suppression.

I like the small arms penetration tbh, though. The BAR at that close facing the rear, glad it took off that much health.
Whether it's him or not it's still a poor example to discuss balance with and you are wrong that the US flak truck would have done any better. It would have still done minimal damage due to the luitenant being in heavy cover and taken the same amount of damage, it wouldn't have even suppressed the squad since it's suppression is lower. And it would have still been finished off by the flanking bazooka squad. Poor play is poor play.
16 Aug 2014, 03:47 AM

I don't even bother building this anymore, it's range isn't anywhere near enough for the setup time and 1 captain squad + 1 riflemen squad with 1-2 bazookas will make quick work of it before you can even get it away with that stupid 3 second setup and take down time. The US AA HT is superior in every way except vet. It can shoot on the move, kite, seems to suppress and kill more and by virtue is harder to kill because it doesn't have a setup time.

It's even worse vs soviet since guards and conscripts laugh at it.
16 Aug 2014, 03:49 AM

I think the flak HT is in a good place right now. Some might disagree, but I don't think it should be a near equivalent to the American HT, mostly because it's the American HT I feel needs changes.

I think the same.

Flak HT is fine, in any case the one that should be changed should be the US HT.
16 Aug 2014, 03:57 AM

Whether it's him or not it's still a poor example to discuss balance with and you are wrong that the US flak truck would have done any better. It would have still done minimal damage due to the luitenant being in heavy cover and taken the same amount of damage, it wouldn't have even suppressed the squad since it's suppression is lower. And it would have still been finished off by the flanking bazooka squad. Poor play is poor play.

10 rear armor vs 5.5 rear armor

0 set up time vs 3 set up time

you really think the US ht wouldnt do any better? i wont even get into the fact that the US ht has 50 cals that fire on the move
16 Aug 2014, 03:57 AM

On a note the US AA HT has 15 front/10 rear armor, vs the Flak HT 11 front/5.5 rear.

The American HT would've lasted twice as long, fired while moving, not have had to setup, and likely have had the cannons blow the cover away.
16 Aug 2014, 04:18 AM
Patrion 27

OP posted the vid with no other text so what we gather is he is saying "OKW HT on it's own needs buffing." Suddenly people are comparing it to the US HT which makes no sense. Sure they are both half-tracks but that is the end of it.

TL: DR

Faction Asymmetry
16 Aug 2014, 04:27 AM

OP posted the vid with no other text so what we gather is he is saying "OKW HT on it's own needs buffing." Suddenly people are comparing it to the US HT which makes no sense. Sure they are both half-tracks but that is the end of it.

TL: DR

Faction Asymmetry

If so then the Flak HT should cost about half as much as the US AA, but they almost cost the same and the Flak HT is significantly worse.

Saying Faction Asymmetry does not mean thread invalid. I guess if Jagdtiger was buffed to 500 range you would say That's OP!!! but then I could say 'faction asymmetry' like you did here. Truth is that it means nothing in terms of actual balance.
16 Aug 2014, 06:32 AM

Flak HT is a good unit, but i think, need reduce the deploy time, or a significant fuel decrease. Now too much risk with HT, the safe way all time the puma, and i think its not good, Puma need stay for his primary role: fight vs light vehicles, and with massed vs lone med. tanks, but OKW desperatly need BEFORE Sturmtiger, or Luchs a good AI capable unit, who can fight vs Shocktroopers, or double BAR-or worse double LMG1919 rifles blob, without the risk, if you loose this paralyzed HT, you literally lost the game, most of time, because you lost early first 55 Fuel investment, as OKW, who has alltime fuel starving effect.
16 Aug 2014, 06:32 AM

Remove pack up time ...main problem..doesn't have enough survivability to take hits.Does excellent dmg ..so set up time is good..
16 Aug 2014, 06:39 AM

Yes, the number 1 problem is before you reach smoke vet1 ability, you are defensless as hell, so pack up time is the main achilles heel. I think would be good, really, if the design want pure DEFENSE role for this unit, 3 sec setup time, and NO pack up time, yes. In a close game, you have really punished most of times, where you bought first unit Flak HT, but whitout this unit, early inf blobs, where hit the critical mass, Shock, lmg-bar rifles, eat your infs alive, and yes, where ST -s stomping in your infs, you have most of time in a close games, not have Obers, or luchs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★