Login

russian armor

Help and tips from Relic

15 Aug 2014, 23:30 PM

I wanted to make a topic where the fans can ask for tips on certain units, abilities, and tactics about the game. And hope relic can touch a few of these questions if they have the time. For example, Armor company have a doctrine for vehicle crew thomsons. I want to know why are they priced so high for a unit that never gets the chance to get out of the tank and fight and when they do they are so weak durable wise. the only way I found them useful was jumping out of the vehicle and flank an atgun but sometimes its not fast enough and they kill the tank in 2 shots. I just want to know how u devs used them in your strategy, and how u guys pictured this doctrine ability would be effective on the battlefield
17 Aug 2014, 05:30 AM
Donator 11

Specifically regarding the vehicle crew thompsons? Probably a "wow cool" factor/ design choice that has (and I just can't see ever having) any real utility in competitive settings.

Those guys are paper thin, and arguably they need to be for sake of balance. As such, they will never be close combat monsters (or any combat for that matter) and so any further munitions expenditure on them is good money down the drain, especially for close combat weapons. And especially at that laughable price.
17 Aug 2014, 06:49 AM

Specifically regarding the vehicle crew thompsons? Probably a "wow cool" factor/ design choice that has (and I just can't see ever having) any real utility in competitive settings.

Those guys are paper thin, and arguably they need to be for sake of balance. As such, they will never be close combat monsters (or any combat for that matter) and so any further munitions expenditure on them is good money down the drain, especially for close combat weapons. And especially at that laughable price.

Most of the times that's true. I had success with it when I had thompson crew inside and rushed with the stuart into some squads and a wild volks squad appeared from behind the hedges. Received some nasty shots so I jumped out, and wrecked the volks squad. And jumped back in to slowly get out of the danger zone. It can save a vehicle sometimes (especially because the ai won't shoot on an abandoned vehicle unless told again to do so). Still, I agree it has rare use.
17 Aug 2014, 08:22 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@OP The following link following may assist you

Ask the Strategist
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %