Login

russian armor

ost officier arty bug

13 Aug 2014, 08:25 AM

with the ost arty officier i cant get the 80 ammo arty down. it drops the smoke it pays the ammo but not 1 barage is comming down
13 Aug 2014, 08:33 AM

with the ost arty officier i cant get the 80 ammo arty down. it drops the smoke it pays the ammo but not 1 barage is comming down

It is not a barrage in and of itself.

All available indirect fire units within range will fire at his target. If you have no units on hand, it won't do anything.
13 Aug 2014, 09:09 AM

Since officer is mention I want to ask, will that ability make nearby friendly arty pieces fire as well or only the ones controlled by the player that has the officer?
13 Aug 2014, 10:26 AM

Only player controlled.Useful only for mortar spam..or really useful if u are using the joint operations doctrine.
13 Aug 2014, 10:32 AM

I would say it's quite bad for mortar spam. The mortars take quite some time to set-up, aim, and land. They also have practically no cool down on their barrage anyway and can auto fire. Not really worth the 80 munitions.

It is however quite nice on the panzerwerfer and the howitzer. Those have long cool-down periods that can be filled up with the officers ability. The howitzer can more or less fire 3 barrages back-to-back if you time it right, more if you have ammo to spare.
13 Aug 2014, 10:46 AM

Yeah, the officer is mostly there to give the passive buff. His barrage only really shines when you have werfers or field howitzers, at which point he can do serious numbers on your opponent by bypassing your usual cooldown restrictions.

In the bygone days of beta, I seem to recall his ability actually called units within 150% of their usual targeting range, or some such. Did I make that up? And is it still a thing?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★