Login

russian armor

Elite armour doctrine

9 Aug 2014, 04:34 AM

Anyone have any advice or a general BO for how to use this commander? I got it from a drop a week or so back but I'm still struggling to use it properly.

The first thing I thought was negating T4 and relying on the off map P4 call in for armour, but this provides one major problem in that it deducts obersoldatan from your army and the doctrine itself has no infantry call ins to make up for it.

I don't know, so far I'm thinking:

Volk
Sturm
Volk
Kubel

T2

Volk
ISG
Volk

T3

fuel conversion if you are still short off the puma, otherwise turn on muni for a few minutes to spam grenades/mines.

Puma (using HEAT where needed)

And stalling for P4's from then on in

9 Aug 2014, 05:08 AM

Volks
Sturm
Volks
Volks
Medic Truck
ISG
Racketen
Flak Truck
Racketen
Ober
Ober
Ober
PANZER IV!
9 Aug 2014, 15:28 PM

I think this doctrine is kinda useless. P4 came too late if you compare it with Wehrmacht, also the abilities are not that good, Panzer IV Call in is also bullshit, because they should have the side skirts directly. (Should be the Panzer IV Ausf. H or J) so this was standard equipment.

210 fuel? Well, at that time you should have a Panther out or wait for the Kingtiger.

Only good thing is maybe the Commander + HEAT rounds. All in all it should be reworked.
9 Aug 2014, 17:17 PM

I think this doctrine is kinda useless. P4 came too late if you compare it with Wehrmacht, also the abilities are not that good, Panzer IV Call in is also bullshit, because they should have the side skirts directly. (Should be the Panzer IV Ausf. H or J) so this was standard equipment.

210 fuel? Well, at that time you should have a Panther out or wait for the Kingtiger.

Only good thing is maybe the Commander + HEAT rounds. All in all it should be reworked.

I have to agree with your assessment of the Panzer 4s coming too late to be effective armor. Maybe if they came with the upgrades you have to pay for I could see them being okay, but really the ability costs about 700 manpower, 210 fuel, and like 200 munitions. Also on the Heat rounds, they won't be so bad if they were a free ability, but they cost munitions every use and are only active for about 20 seconds, meaning most of the slow firing OKW tanks only get 2 shots off before the ability enters cool-down mode.
9 Aug 2014, 17:22 PM

The first ability to show enemy armour is very useful
11 Aug 2014, 04:59 AM

Just a question about this, I used it a few times when it was free. The PzIVs were said to have a random amount of experience, I'm assuming some could come already vetted.(?) Every time I called them in (about 3-4 times) they never had any vet.
11 Aug 2014, 05:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 04:59 AMHitman5
Just a question about this, I used it a few times when it was free. The PzIVs were said to have a random amount of experience, I'm assuming some could come already vetted.(?) Every time I called them in (about 3-4 times) they never had any vet.

Correct, it's very random though.

I think the P4's should be left alone, they are kinda unique as they stand and I like that. imo the call in should be reduced to one so you can actually afford some versatility, 210 fuel is still very steep.
11 Aug 2014, 09:35 AM

elite armor is trash, dont use it unless it gets a significant overhaul
13 Aug 2014, 22:50 PM

When the P4 costed 180fuel, it was worth...not anymore.
17 Aug 2014, 18:13 PM

I'm trying to make this commander work in 2v2 environment, but i fail badly, it feel its design more for 3v3/4v4 spamfests.

Signal Relay - I think its best ability from whole commander, it shows all tanks on minimapa

Emergency Repairs - Big waste of munition since OKW have so many options for tank repairs (sturmpio, t3 building). Also I noticed there is big chance for tank to be abandoned when attacked while repairing (same mechanizm as sturmtiger reload?). It's too expensive and too risky to give away your precious armor to the enemy.

High Explosive Anti-Tank (HEAT) Shells - still trying to figure out how this ability works and how should be used.
First I tried it with panther vs IS2 frontal armor, while ability is active Panther will shoot only twice (comparing it to command panther mark target ability its underwhelming).
Then I tried it in on Jagpanzer/P4 (better ROF) vs ISU frontal armor, all shots deflected. So either base penetration + heat buff doesnt cut it or the ability is bugged.

I dont see any point using it vs normal armor (t34,shermans) since most of OKW tanks dont have problems penetrating them, also I dont see any point of using it vs rear armor of heavy ones since they also have large chance to penetrate it without heat shells.

Panzer Commander - it improves LOS of vehicle and grants coordinated artillery strikes. 120muni for already muni heavy commander, big delay between flare and strike and not so impressive damage/AOE + u need to be around to cast it makes it a cruel joke not an arty call in :)

Veteran Panzer IV Ausf J. Battle Group - so a weaker version of p4, costing 210fuel for fuel starved faction, with bunch of expensive muni wise upgrades, comming right before t34-85 ... i'll just call the command panther or wait for KT.

I really would like to see this commander work, but i can't. Maybe someone from relic could give us some tips how to play it and what was the idea when they design it. Currently I feel bad for people that bought it.
17 Aug 2014, 19:49 PM

make it a single p4 call-in, costing 110 feul and maybe also reduce 1 cp requirement.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★